how to get the best out of central attacking midfielders?

Im a fan irl of central midfielders who get forward consistently and score goals and have always tried to get this to happen within the game. i usually play a normal 4-4-2 and like to go with one defensive minded midfielder and one attacking. now my defensive one always produces normal to great peformances but my attacking one is always struggling to get past a 6 rating. over time ive used players such as lampard,fabregas,gerrard,anderson,deco and more i've created with great stats, and yes, they all have had games where they've been blinding, but more often than not, they just produce average peformances and rarely get past the 10 goal mark or if they do, the goals have come from dead balls.

i was wandering if someone has been able to get the best out of a central attacking midfielder and if so could they advise me on what to do. i've trialed an error with farrows, forward runs, little or much creative freedom, free roles, sort passing, the lot but can nver seem to get what im looking for.

i play with matias fernandez in an AMC role and i have to say he is playing very well, i put his mentality the as same my mc's, i find like this he drops deep and can dictate the play. Also he is on mixed forward runs as i do not always want him to go forward and want him in the hole. Also TTB and run with ball is often, like this he can pick a pass for my strikers or if nothing is on he can go on a mazy dribble. Lastly i give him alot of creative freedom so he can decide what is best.

Archived