club doesnt need another coach??!!

Only had the game for a couple of days and although I'm trying to be as forgiving as possible I cant ignore this one....

I'm playing as Chelmsford City and I've just offered jobs to a GK coach and a fitness coach as all I have at the moment is a single 'normal' coach - and he's one of my players.

So why on earth can the board tell me that they feel the club doesnt need another coach?!

They're different job roles for god's sake! My goalkeepers need training and my squad needs to keep fit! What's going on?

I disagree. In FM08 I never had a problem with getting hold of GK coaches/Finess coaches.

I'll go with it (cos I have to) but I think its stupid.

In reality if I chose to sacrifice buying a new player in order to bring in a couple of coaches, whats wrong with that?? I'm not spending anymore money!

I disagree. In FM08 I never had a problem with getting hold of GK coaches/Finess coaches.

I'll go with it (cos I have to) but I think its stupid.

In reality if I chose to sacrifice buying a new player in order to bring in a couple of coaches, whats wrong with that?? I'm not spending anymore money!

Simple; in reality you'd have neither at a Conference South club. Given these clubs typically only train twice a week coaches are not exactly useful. As for the players,very few players are ever bought at that level, and only a small portion sign even a one year contract. Most players are registered on pay as you play non-contract terms, and signings are made via seven day approaches. This is why player turnover is so high and the FM database is always out of date.

The FM model is totally unrealistic at this level, so you can perhaps feel aggrieved about this restriction, but don't bemoan it on grounds of reality!

At smaller clubs, goalkeeping coaches tend to be an older, experienced back up goalie, but at the level of football I'm involved in (semi pro in Scotland at a club with gates of 500+) clubs tend not to have a goalie coach unless it is someone like I mentioned. My own club have 4 people on the management team however, plus a scout.

Contrary to the above, at my club all our players are on multi year deals.

Well i had this at spurs when i started the game i had 5 physio's they were all average so i sacked them to get better ones i did deals with 5 better ones only to be told by the board that we only need 2, HELLO you had 5 before and had no issues lol.

Well i had this at spurs when i started the game i had 5 physio's they were all average so i sacked them to get better ones i did deals with 5 better ones only to be told by the board that we only need 2, HELLO you had 5 before and had no issues lol.

Same with me at Arsenal. Only one I missed out on but still a little annoying. I suppose 3 excellent physios is better than 1 and 3 average.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add to this point, becuase it's really anoying me.

I've got plenty of money for wages,

my old GK coach left for another club,

my club (walsall) allows for 3 coachs all together and at the moment I've only got my Assistant Manager.

But it wont let me buy any more staff GK or otherwise. Everything will go through, but then the board will cancell the deal.

It's really infuriating.

EDIT:buh.. for some reason i had 3 youth coaches.. i sacked one of them and was allowed the GK coach

I'd like to add to this point, becuase it's really anoying me.

I've got plenty of money for wages,

my old GK coach left for another club,

my club (walsall) allows for 3 coachs all together and at the moment I've only got my Assistant Manager.

But it wont let me buy any more staff GK or otherwise. Everything will go through, but then the board will cancell the deal.

It's really infuriating.

EDIT:buh.. for some reason i had 3 youth coaches.. i sacked one of them and was allowed the GK coach

ok heres what to do its cheating but what the hell sign what ever coach you want but sign him as a assistant manager as soon as he signs for you so hes in your staff offer him a new contract as a coach he will accept keep doing this till you have all the coaches you need

Archived