Taking The Game Back..Gutted

1st I am not a technical computer chap just like the FM games. So friday i buy FM09 get it home put in the lap top and then as we all know problem after problem !! Why can't we just play it ? Key codes, etc..etc..etc Then finally Saturday morning after a download of a graphics software needed I get to play or so i thought... Now here we go 1st friendly and no 3D view it now seems as no-one can inform as to why i can't watch the games in 3D i have never known anything like it. Having to use other programmes to get the game started "Steam" ?? all a bit mad don't you think ?? No shortcut..In short i just wanted what i paid for the NEW 3D viewing and the new FM09 game since purchasing i have not had either so i am left with no choice but to take the game back and get a refund. I really belive many people will do the same. GUTTED. and sad...

i think they've made a huge mistake with this game. i know a lot of people on these forums are sticking up for this game but i can't remember having this many problems with a game or seeing as many people on a forum (crashing it at times through weight of numbers) complaining about a game

This is my care face, watching closely, ok: :D

As in, I do not care. There is nothing wrong with the game and I'm playing it on an unpatched Mac - you guys at least got your damn fix straight away and we have to wait for you ungrateful buggers whinging and whining all the while.

And most of the time your problems could be solved by reading the manual, checking your PC has the correct specification and checking in the preferences whether you have 3D matches enabled or not.

The only thing ridiculous about the launch of the game is the number of petty and clueless people who feel SI owe them something when they've done all they can to get the game to you in pristine form and it's good old 'user error' (DRM-aside) rather than SI's fault.

442to445 - Don¡t talk rubbish. There are problems with the game in terms of the whole registration system, Steam is unreliable and SI are forcing ppl to have to take drastic terms to get the game working. Many Graphics card may not be upto the job as is this example but the reason the Mac is ignored is because a Mac wasn't created to play games, it was created for working on. I should know I own one! :)

This is my care face, watching closely, ok: :D

As in, I do not care. There is nothing wrong with the game and I'm playing it on an unpatched Mac - you guys at least got your damn fix straight away and we have to wait for you ungrateful buggers whinging and whining all the while.

And most of the time your problems could be solved by reading the manual, checking your PC has the correct specification and checking in the preferences whether you have 3D matches enabled or not.

The only thing ridiculous about the launch of the game is the number of petty and clueless people who feel SI owe them something when they've done all they can to get the game to you in pristine form and it's good old 'user error' (DRM-aside) rather than SI's fault.

For the most part I agree, I've registered the game last night and everything went well. At first I had some strange -703 error but after clicking Previous en Next 14 times it registered as I (and most of us did, because we read the forums) knew that there were issue's at the registration-servers. So no problems. Then I patched it and voila! Game started. My laptop isnt great so there were some issue's with the videocard. But putting it on Windowed Mode fixed that. I'm loving the game and just want to say: "Thanks si, you made a good game!"

Do you know what,that makes me laugh,my game worked fine yesterday,went to bed ,tried to load it up this morning,Fm.exe has a problem,Now of course thats obviously my fault because i had the nerve to shut my pc down or perhaps it doesnt work on sundays,who knows but im glad you`re alright

For the most part I agree, I've registered the game last night and everything went well. At first I had some strange -703 error but after clicking Previous en Next 14 times it registered as I (and most of us did, because we read the forums) knew that there were issue's at the registration-servers. So no problems. Then I patched it and voila! Game started. My laptop isnt great so there were some issue's with the videocard. But putting it on Windowed Mode fixed that. I'm loving the game and just want to say: "Thanks si, you made a good game!"

Oh I do feel sympathy Matt, for people who have genuine problems with the game - the DRM bit is funny but being one of those who bought HL2 on release day I also realise how frustrating and intractable Steam and its attendant cohorts are.

What is infuriating however, are the number of people failing to get to grips with the software itself and whining petulantly or coming here to 'gloat' that they've returned it and 'I've never been so disappointed' etc etc.

Use your brain, look for solutions on the forum or even better try to formulate a workable solution yourself, but after all the pi** and vinegar that's been poured over the forums this weekend, I have absolutely zero tolerance with people who cannot at least try to help themselves.

i think the only mistake SI made this year was to push forward the new 3D version and the steam stuff at the same time.

i mean, with a new 3D version, there's bounded to be some new bugs or technical problems the game is going to encounter. added to the fact using steam to activitate basically is untried and proven not as successful as SI may have planned. they should have delayed the steam stuff a year later.

but well whatever being done cannot be undone, just hope SI is going to remember this lesson in the future.

People are having trouble differentiating between criticism of the game and criticism of the activation process.

Activation was, as I have said many times now, just awful.

The game itself is, in my opinion, really good this year. I've not really noticed any bugs at all after the patch.

if steam isnt your cup of tea (i have to agree its a bit crap IMO) then install it the other way using the alternative method of activation. I have to say that ive now installed on two windows machines and one mac with no problems at all. The laptop is my work machine which isnt a great spec and has an onboard graphics card which is not very good, but 3d works fine.

i do believe that SI have made quite a few mistakes with this release, but no more than any other software house does with any other software.

People are having trouble differentiating between criticism of the game and criticism of the activation process.

Activation was, as I have said many times now, just awful.

The game itself is, in my opinion, really good this year. I've not really noticed any bugs at all after the patch.

yet problem is u'd need to be able to activiate successfully before knowing how good the game is. and in some cases, some probably took hours to just get activtate (it took me 10 hours), while they were struggling doing that, back in their mind, it's understandable that they may be thinking " this better be a cracking game worths all my effort". the exepctation will be higher than normal i assume.

as for the bugs, i haven't encounterd any bug yet, as i hardly started playing. my Editor doesn't work, and after 10 hours' effort trying to break the code, i been spending the past 2 days browising this site looking for a solution for this new problem.

gotta say this has been one hell of an experience trying to play a game! i surely hope i will never experience anything like that again.

my game freaking crashed 3 times today. lost about 6-7hours gameplay even if i used autosave every month. when i play tomorow i will use autosave every weak.

i am not to happy with this. first try i won over the hated roma with my beloved lazio and the other time i just seem to loose and then game crashes hehe.it crashes when game is processing forward not when i press certain stuff. i am to tired now to look on forums for fix and look for graphiccard (4months old end of line) update

but new game engine is fun as hell. reminds me when i played fm first times with 2d engine.

442to445 - Don¡t talk rubbish. There are problems with the game in terms of the whole registration system, Steam is unreliable and SI are forcing ppl to have to take drastic terms to get the game working. Many Graphics card may not be upto the job as is this example but the reason the Mac is ignored is because a Mac wasn't created to play games, it was created for working on. I should know I own one! :)

I think you hve to get your facts straight. Mac are made for gaming just companies don't make the games for them. SI do, and therefore I commend them and I don't mind having a buggy game until Monday. Apple are pointing Macs at the gaming community and big publishers like EA are starting to take Macs seriously. I have BootCamp so either way I don't care.

If they had said next month they'll patch it then I'd have taken it back but SI do a good job at patching their games. The problems occurring here are most likely because SI don't do the final testing anymore (except the build testing obviously) SEGA QA do the final testing before release - hence why the Mac patch was delayed. SI should bring it back in-house or get SEGA to employ more/better QA Testers. Now if people think back to CM4 - THAT was a bugged game. This is fine if you follow the minimum specs and all the helpful information SI have mentioned. Even the Mac game isn't bad as long as you don't option-click.

Archived