Is the injury problem solved or not?

still a HUGE problem in my game and lots others, still unplayable if you ask me......thats IF you can actually get to the match through all the freezing that is, o and when you sub your injured player hes there twice on your tactics screen !

serpico you must be using this 9.02 then are you ?

ive had a few injuries but it isnt that bad somethign that you would get anyway in real life. loving fm atm half way through at currently 7th in the table with villa after loosing loads beforehand ive eventually climbed back up the table

UTV

When you think about it, there's barely any point in the season when any club has every single senior player at their disposal. IMO having a couple of players injured all the time is pretty realistic, players pick up niggling injuries all the time. The freezing people moaning the injury bug hasn't been fixed are just over-reacting. I knew it'd happen, the second a player got injured it'd be "oh, they've not fixed it, screw SI, I'm not buying the game every again, blah blah blah" ad lies ad nauseum ad drama. Players get injured. FACT. Deal with it. Think of it as a sign of strength that you either build a squad with good cover and get through the difficult points in a season, or you don't, and your youth team gets tonked by relegation fodder. On previous games if six or seven people got injured no-one complained, it was just bad luck. And as has been pointed out countless times, subbing players earlier in pre-season when they're short on fitness, and tweaking your training according to a player's match/natural fitness etc reduces injuries drastically. The majority of those still "suffering from the injury bug" are probably too lazy to make a custom training schedule.

When you think about it, there's barely any point in the season when any club has every single senior player at their disposal. IMO having a couple of players injured all the time is pretty realistic, players pick up niggling injuries all the time. The freezing people moaning the injury bug hasn't been fixed are just over-reacting. I knew it'd happen, the second a player got injured it'd be "oh, they've not fixed it, screw SI, I'm not buying the game every again, blah blah blah" ad lies ad nauseum ad drama. Players get injured. FACT. Deal with it. Think of it as a sign of strength that you either build a squad with good cover and get through the difficult points in a season, or you don't, and your youth team gets tonked by relegation fodder. On previous games if six or seven people got injured no-one complained, it was just bad luck. And as has been pointed out countless times, subbing players earlier in pre-season when they're short on fitness, and tweaking your training according to a player's match/natural fitness etc reduces injuries drastically. The majority of those still "suffering from the injury bug" are probably too lazy to make a custom training schedule.

well done you have now earned your mod-ship.

The injuries i got in the 1st 15 mins (1st 1 was after no more than 20 seconds) of the 1st game was not like real life pal, i set my training to hardly anything after reading on here that its still a shambles, if SI released a game that could be played we would not need to moan about paying money for a game that does not do as it says on the tin so they say.

Neil and Serpico do you see you injured player (during game) apear twice on the tactis screen? do you have freezing when clicked the go to game button ?

Neji (not Neil) :cool:

The player appearing twice is a known issue and will most likely be fixed in another patch.

I compared my ingame premier league injury table from december 13th with the current RL PL injury table and they were pretty much identical in numbers. IMO it is just right now.

Actually that is the issue as far as I'm concerned. I read MV saying he'd be off to compare numbers with physioroom.com to see if there was a problem, and clearly they've toned it down. However I feel the whole paradigm is faulty. From initial playing (admittedly too early for anything beyond gut feelings) they seem to have the same level of injuries at smaller clubs, which is absurd and crippling with their squad size.

I think the problem is the unrealistic number of injuries on-field. In reality the majority of injuries crop up in training. This is where injuries get thrown out of balance imo. It seems to be x chance for the XI men on field, rather than x chance for all the players in training. That becomes a huge distinction when comparing a tier one club squad with a tier six club. Either way on field injuries that require a substitution is still far too high.

well done you have now earned your mod-ship.

The injuries i got in the 1st 15 mins (1st 1 was after no more than 20 seconds) of the 1st game was not like real life pal, i set my training to hardly anything after reading on here that its still a shambles, if SI released a game that could be played we would not need to moan about paying money for a game that does not do as it says on the tin so they say.

who you mean by "we"? you are the only one so far moaning. i have no problems at all with injuries. if u settle 2 friendlies every 3rd day in pre season and yout player fitness is less than 90 you dont need to wonder they will be injured..

People who are saying they have a problem are either training players too hardo or are getting paranoid everytime they get a long term injury.

I'm Arsenal and my injuries so far (off the top of my head)..

Yaya Toure (1month) after being slaughtered with a red card challenge :p

Wilshere (3weeks) Virus

Eboue (1month) International match injury

Sagna (2weeks)

There have also been about 4-5 injuries in my reserves that I can't remember specifics. To me this is about right, even if there are some I have forgotten. I'm in december of my first season.

So long as you sub players when they are tired, and don't play the same first 11 all the time you will be ok. This doesnt mean you have to play half your reserves one week, just if you see a player below 90% maybe even 92% consider placing him on the bench or leave him out.

To me this is realistic too, even with no serious injuries a manager won't play his best 11 if he has fitness worries.

Edit: There have also been some injuries where I have had to sub the player but he has been fine after the match and played in my next game.

Actually that is the issue as far as I'm concerned. I read MV saying he'd be off to compare numbers with physioroom.com to see if there was a problem, and clearly they've toned it down. However I feel the whole paradigm is faulty. From initial playing (admittedly too early for anything beyond gut feelings) they seem to have the same level of injuries at smaller clubs, which is absurd and crippling with their squad size.

I think the problem is the unrealistic number of injuries on-field. In reality the majority of injuries crop up in training. This is where injuries get thrown out of balance imo. It seems to be x chance for the XI men on field, rather than x chance for all the players in training. That becomes a huge distinction when comparing a tier one club squad with a tier six club. Either way on field injuries that require a substitution is still far too high.

Completely agree. In this version I never make a sub before 70th min and always keep one spare sub until the end, cause in every 2 game I finish with 10 players (once with 9).

Archived