someone please help

I'm nearing the end of my teather now, had the game for 3 days and must of play an hour of it if that.

I installed via steam the first time and it took 7 hours i then had to download the direct x update which took another 2 hours and i finally got on it.

However the only way i could access it was if i went through steam as there wasnt a shortcut, someone this morning told me how to get the shortcut on the desk top and since then it hasnt worked at all!!

as my friend did his in 10 mins without the net or a phone call i uninstalled steam and fm and have tried again not using the steam way this time. it installs i enter my code correctly and it says complete tries to load the game and i get an error message

'could not use database location '/c:/programme files/steam/steamapps/common/football manger 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910' - reverting to the default location

Then sends an error report

what on earth do you have to do to play this game?

That is only one part of the clean uninstall. You need to get rid of every trace of steam and FM09 on your computer as add/remove programs does not do that.

Follow this:

Thunder, do the following:

Delete the cache and registry files as people have been saying above

How to delete your Cache files

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

How to Delete your Registry Files

Windows XP:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click "Run"

3. Type in "Regedit"

4. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

5. Go into the 'Software Folder'

6. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

7. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

8. Go into the 'Software Folder'

9. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Type in the search box "Regedit"

3. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

4. Go into the 'Software Folder'

5. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

6. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

7. Go into the 'Software Folder'

8. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Completely uninstall your game using the 'add/remove programs' in Control Manager

Then update your Java

How to Update your version of Java

1. Uninstall any version of Java you have first.

2. Visit this website: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

3. Find the correct version for your Operating system and download/install from here.

Then attempt to reinstall - if this does not work don't worry, we have other ways of getting this to work, just post back here. Thanks.

Guest El Payaso

I've installed the game with online activation. Has anyone sorted this out? Will it help if I reinstall my whole computer and then try to install the game?

Screens:

errori1.jpg

errori2.jpg

OK, reinstall steam.

Log onto Steam, go into 'My Games', then reinstall FM.

Now right-click the game in Steam, and click 'Delete all local game content'.

Do the same for the demo if you installed that.

There is a known issue with uninstalling Steam games via add/remove.

Guest El Payaso
Have you managed to activate the game? Did you get those messages when starting the game?
Actually I already played one season with patch didn't like it and I decided to uninstall the game. I cleared the registry and deleted everything (done everything guided above). Then I installed the game again and all went fine... Until I launched the game and get those messages.

I've tried to install the game about 5 times now and everytime same warnings and the game shuts down.

Actually I already played one season with patch didn't like it and I decided to uninstall the game. I cleared the registry and deleted everything (done everything guided above). Then I installed the game again and all went fine... Until I launched the game and get those messages.

I've tried to install the game about 5 times now and everytime same warnings and the game shuts down.

Well patching up will probably fix the problem. Starting a new game will get rid of the first one as you do not have the database you created the game with now (901).

Guest El Payaso
Well patching up will probably fix the problem. Starting a new game will get rid of the first one as you do not have the database you created the game with now (901).
It doesn't. Already tested that.

Archived