FMH 09: Does it meet your expectations?

Just gathering some impressions here. I put in a order for the regular FM (PC) but since the 2D introduction this year I am considering a complete switch to FMH if it can live up to the following:

long time motivation?

How much advanced/limited is the work flow for a manager to get playing matchdays? In other words, how good is the balance between "pick up & play" and in-depth atmossphere? Is it too basic or do you feel you have plenty of control possibilities?

If anyone who plays both, PC and FMH, could say what do you really miss in FMH that makes FM PC always a must-have, if? Hereby I know that FM PC always will have the longer feature list but I think most of the features of FM 09 sound to me more like "nice to have" rather than " I can't live without" but would like to hear opinions.

The reason of maybe switching completely to FMH is the convenience of not having to use the laptop around the house while managing, always needs to be plugged.

ok..

well it obviusly cant be as in depth as the PC game.

the database is smaller, but this year with the changeable countries, theres more players than ever :D.

tactics, player interaction etc is kept nice and simple.

the inclusion of the 2D pitch is very good, although some have complianed about glitches, i havent experienced much yet.

any other topics i should cover?

i dont have FM PC so i cant really compare them for you, sorry.

so im obviously gonna be biased towards FMH lol

so i'll leave this to people who play both of them :thup:

ok..

well it obviusly cant be as in depth as the PC game.

the database is smaller, but this year with the changeable countries, theres more players than ever :D.

tactics, player interaction etc is kept nice and simple.

the inclusion of the 2D pitch is very good, although some have complianed about glitches, i havent experienced much yet.

any other topics i should cover?

The in depth would be most interesting to me. What I try to figure out is, how much do you feel involved? Do you feel having good control of what is going on tacticswise? Does FMH drag you deeper and deeper into that little fantasy world of managing a club? Can you smell the fresh cut grass? :-)

Again, I do not mind less features, just wanna know if the features provided and how it is presented, is enough to create the illusion of managing "real people with their own issues" and tying up the whole to be successful is where the ability of a good manager shines? Or is it "simple and basic" that it is a mere question of getting the highest stats players of the league together in your team and glory is assured, meaning is it easy to get players or do they also snub you for not having high reputation, etc.

I feel one you pick it up and play, you get involved straight away and can't put it down, plus it runs along smoothly and it is a very addictive game :D Players do snub you though and it is not simple and basic but not too in-depth either, in the middle more :thup:

• SI Staff
Is there a reserve team to manage? Im thinking no, but i never played the PSP version before.

There's a reserve team in the game, but at the moment its largely used as a storage space for youth/backup players to avoid cluttering up the main squad (ie. there aren't any reserve leagues simulated).

If you've been following our games for a while the depth of the game is on a par with somewhere between CM01-02 and CM03-04 .... its fast and fun to play, but has a fair bit of depth and is as realistic as possible ....

(please note I might be ever so slightly biased towards the game myself ;) )

Archived