Matt's TTF Set

Matts Tactics Set V4 Final Build

A TTF set inspired by WWF's thread. A very popular tactic set, downloaded over 7,000 times since creation.

4-4-2 based, using a MCd and a MCa, a FCd and a FCa.

Tactics

All Out Attack

4-2-4, with high tempo, direct passing utilizing the flanks. Useful in the last 10-15 minutes when chasing the lead or when the computer shuts up shop. Extremely vulnerable to the counter attack, but it is possible to overwhelm the defence with a flourish of attacking players. Maximum settings for mentality, creative freedom, width, tempo and defensive line.

Attack

The side will look to attack and score goals more than they will look to defend. Important to use when clear favourites, and works well with a team talk of 'I expect Victory'. Slow tempo, width, short passing and creative freedom are all applied.

Standard

Standard aims to balance Attack and Defence in equal measure. Whilst the side won't bomb forward, they will not sit back either. Tempo and passing styles are mixed, as are mentality, creative freedom and defensive line. Important to use when match odds are very close, be it slight favourites, or slight underdogs at home, or when slight favourites away. Evens too.

Defensive

The team will close down appropriately, but will not over commit. All defenders will sit back, and man mark. The central midfielders will tight mark. All forward play will mainly come through the forwards and wingers. Pace and acceleration are needed in these positions, a forward with good aerial ability and strength is also desirable. Defending deepish, narrow, quick and direct. Generally play will skip midfield and the ball will be moved to the forward line quickly. Works well with wish luck and pressure is off. To be used when heavy or slight underdogs away or home. Note, if slight underdogs away or home you may wish to use standard instead based on team ability, and team form.

Shut Up Shop

An effective way to minimize the potential damage of the CPU's i am going to score button. Effective against 4-2-4, and from minutes 75-80 onwards. The side will counter, but generally only through the center forwards.

Back Room Staff

A good assistant manager is required, ideally with a good tactical knowledge attribute. Listen to his advice during and before the game, and at half time. Implement any of his suggestions.

A good scout is required, with a good judging player ability and tactical knowledge attribute. This guy must scout your next opposition.

These guys will be your eyes and ears, and to be successful you will need their help. Before the match starts, apply show onto weaker foot for these positions. ML/MR/AML/AMR/MC/AMC/CF.

If your assistant advises on closing down any particular players do it. Sometimes he will not advise this until during the game.

Hard tackling can be used as advised by your assistant before or during the game. It may be worth using on a key player as picked out by your scout. Using it on any player your assistant advises on is optional, although perhaps risky when using defensive or shut up shop.

Team Talks And Tactics

Match odds

Clear Favourite - I expect victory - unless important club/cup game - For the fans - Attack.

slight Favourite/Evens - We can win this - unless important club/cup game - For the fans - Standard.

Slight Underdog - Wish Luck - unless important club/cup game - For the fans - Defensive.

Massive Underdog - Pressure is off - unless important club/cup game - for the fans - Defensive.

Important club/cup game could be against a fellow title/relegation candidate. Or a natural based rival. It could be a quarter final fa cup game. In these situations, for the fans tends to get the most out of your players.

If unsure of team talks, leave it to your assistant.

Players/Attributes

Here is a list of desirable but not essential attributes for players and their positions.

DL/DR - Pace, Acceleration, Positioning, Marking, Crossing, Tackling and Concentration.

DC - Jumping, Positioning, Tackling, Heading, Decisons and Concentration

MCd - Anticipation, Passing, Tackling, Long Shots, Creativity, and Work Rate.

MCa - Off the Ball, Passing, Long Shots, Creativity, Finishing, Work Rate and Heading.

Ml/MR - Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Stamina, Crossing, Passing and Creativity.

FCd - Strength, Jumping, Heading, Passing, Long Shots and Creativity.

FCa - Anticipation, Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Composure, Finishing.

Download Links

V4 - http://rapidshare.com/files/182495699/Matts_Tactics_V4_Final_Build.rar

Previous Versions

V3 - http://rapidshare.com/files/168268485/Matts_Tacs_V3_Final_Build.rar

V2 - http://rapidshare.com/files/166951515/Matts_Tacs_V2.rar

V1 - http://rapidshare.com/files/164362968/MattsTacs.rar

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing has worked for my Sunderland side so far so I will give these a go and let you know how I get on. Like I said nothing works at the moment I am close to quitting the game lol.

Lol fair enough mate, being Sunderland i would imagine that Defensive, Standard will be your main formations, as i can't see you being favourites too often lol.

Ill be interested to see how they work in the Prem.

First match:

Win: Parma - Cittadella 3-0

We'll see. I'll keep you updated ;)

Promising start.

To others, give them more than just a couple of games, it seems to take sides a good few games to get settled with a formation, at least that's what i found on the demo.

Promising start.

To others, give them more than just a couple of games, it seems to take sides a good few games to get settled with a formation, at least that's what i found on the demo.

yeah I know mate but just wanted to let you know :D

W: Parma - Cittadella 3-0

W: Rimini - Parma 0-1

First match:

Win: Parma - Cittadella 3-0

We'll see. I'll keep you updated ;)

Used the attacking tactic first half = 0-2

Changed to the defensive one, got 2-2 :)

Interesting.

For others here is a rough guide for which formation should be used, and when.

Clear Favourites Home Or Away - Attack.

Good Favourites Home - Attack - Change to standard if getting out played.

Good Favourites Away - Attack/Standard/Defensive.

Close Odd/Evens - Optional depending on the quality of your team - For me, Standard or Defensive.

Underdog/Heavy Underdog - Defensive.

Time Waste/See Out The Game (advisable to employ at 80 minutes) - Shut Up Shop.

Need A Goal Late In The Game/CPU Goes To Their All Out Defend Tactic(ie a defensive 4-5-1/5-4-1/3-5-2 very defensive) - Control.

Of course, the more you use the different styles, the more you learn which one to apply to which situation.

For example, i had a home game where i was favourites, not heavy favourites but decent odds, i was in good form, and the other side was playing counter attack. Started on Attack, but they were all over me after 15-20 mins, changed to standard, still the same, which was surprising me as they were supposed to be playing counter attack football. (i am positive the AI changed to an Attacking formation). After 35 minutes, i changed to defensive, bang 3 minutes later counter attack goal.

Cant seem to find it when i try and import it?? Says its a "rar" file?? How do i find it?

Right click on the downloaded file. Select extract here. The tactic files should be on your desktop, if that is where you saved the rar file. Cut and paste the 5 tactic files to My Documents/sportsinteractive/tactics.

In game go to the tactics screen/tactic/edit tactics/import, then import each one.

I give it a go with my Heerenveen (Holland) media prediction 5th

Let you know the results

Win Home 1-0 NAC (league)

lose Away 1-2 AZ (league)

Win Home 1-0 Roda (league)

lose away 1-2 Saturn (euro cup)

Win Home 3-0 Saturn (euro cup)

Draw Home 1-1 Ado Den Haag (League)

Lose Home 0-2 Ajax (Cup)

Very mixed results

Cant seem to find it when i try and import it?? Says its a "rar" file?? How do i find it?
Doesn't seem to work. There isn't even a "extract here" option.

The tactics files are zipped up in a winrar folder, they need to be extracted and placed where i said.

Guys, you have to watch this. Got my overachieving Rovers squad into the championship. Need improvements in every area according to my assistant.

Anyway, pre-season starts, i arranged games against championship sides in order to assess my chances. Won 1, drew 1 and lost 1, then i play dundee the best side i have played thus far. They play this weird 4-1-2-1-2 formation, very narrow. Kinda confused what to play. I go with defensive, first half complete ownage to them, don't even get a shot on target, 40% possession. Second half, make loads of subs, stick with the same tactic. 60-65 minutes gone, still getting raped, its only through the structure of defensive, and pure luck they don't score lots of goals. Then think sod it, lets shut up shop at 65 minutes. If you want to know what happens from there, watch the pkm. Shocking! Watch it in key highlights for maximum enjoyment. :)

Download Links

http://rapidshare.com/files/164412396/Bristol_Rovers_v_Dundee_Utd.pkm

Or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lh01cq

Lose Home 0-2 Ajax (Cup)

Very mixed results

Hmm, give it time could take a while to gel.

Are you using the mini guide i posted about using which formation and in what circumstances to use it?

Lose Home 0-2 Ajax (Cup)

Very mixed results

I downloaded to desktop, right clicked, no "extract here" option.

I then tried sending it to compressed folder, extracted all, nothing happened??

Download winrar, search google then do what i said.

Not a bad start....playing as Man City, struggling in the league, currently sat in 15th. Home tie against Hull City, clear favourites so decided to use the attacking tactic above.

I won....5-0, very comfortable. Hopefully this is the turning point for me in the league, I've struggled to find a workable tactic to date. Good players seem to mean nothing without the right tactics, hopefully this attack minded tactic will help my attacking players Jo, Robinho, Arshavin, Petro, Wright Phillips.

Tried it with Farsley Celtic (BSN) and am currently unbeaten with 4 wins 9 draws in 13 games, it could be something to do with my players concentration but I might try to tweak the SUS tactic as I am always conceding late goals! FM08 was the same for me with limited patience and the final ten mins of EVERY game being a nailbiter...will keep you updated as I'm in Jan atm and nowhere near playoffs thanks to a torrid start.

Looking good thus far, Matt. For those trying to use the set, two things are important. One, it take 15 games for a squad to gel to a formation. Two, until you learn which tactic to pick and when to pick it, results will be a little random. However, once you start to read matches, you'll begin to understand how to make observably notivceable differences.

Currently playing with RoPS in Finnish Premier league.

Results as I started to use your tactics:

HJK-RoPS 1-0 Underdog

RoPS-KuPS 1-1 Good favourites

RoPS-KooTeePee 2-1 Good favourites

FC Lahti-RoPS 3-1 Underdog

Looking good thus far, Matt. For those trying to use the set, two things are important. One, it take 15 games for a squad to gel to a formation. Two, until you learn which tactic to pick and when to pick it, results will be a little random. However, once you start to read matches, you'll begin to understand how to make observably notivceable differences.

Thanks, and yes i agree it does take a long time to set, even more so if you have been playing a different formation before using these.

Here is my story...................I first started the game in holiday mode and thought i would accept the first managers job that became available. After Zola got the boot at West Ham i was appointed the new manager, and what a task ahead i had.

I was sitting 10 points adrift of safety with 9 games remaining and thought i had no chance until i used this tactic.

I am unbeaten in the past 6 with 3 wins and sit 1 point of safety with 2 games remaining!!

My squad is very limited as ashton,dyer and green(gk) are all out until next season so i have limited resources but i have full confidence in this formation. I just beat Blackburn (4th pos) 4-1 home and i feel that my squad is now coming together, i just hope i can survive the drop as my last game of the season is away to the gooners who have already tied up the title and have lost only one at home.

I have mainly used the standard and defensive formation but when i fell 1-0 down to Aston Villa (away) in last 15mins i switched to attack and scored the goal i fully deserved.

Quite a good tactic you have here buddy.............. i will keep you informed if i survived the drop or if anything drastic happens to the tactic. :)

EDIT...............I survived the drop on goal difference to Hull, now to concentrate on building the squad for next year.

I would like to know, from the author, ... how much did you use (read) the TTF pdf released by wwfan.

I am rather a control freak... so i was on my way to read all that pdf, and make notes, and to create a tactic with every aspect tweaked. If i can get some input from you, i would know if there is a point for me doing that.

I will eventualy read it and maybe compare some ideeas with you.

I would like to know, from the author, ... how much did you use (read) the TTF pdf released by wwfan.

I am rather a control freak... so i was on my way to read all that pdf, and make notes, and to create a tactic with every aspect tweaked. If i can get some input from you, i would know if there is a point for me doing that.

I will eventualy read it and maybe compare some ideeas with you.

Well i read most of it, then set up my tactics using that as a guide, i didn't stick to it religiously though, and my settings are fairly varied and different to what was written by WWF.

Nice tactics Matt

I've been giving them a try and generally they seem to do fairly well however I have noticed that the FCa doesnt get involved much in play and tends to get very low ratings. Is this just me using the wrong player for the role or have others noticed this? I have tried this with Adebayor at arsenal and a couple of lower division teams as well with the same result.

Any suggestions on how I can get my FCa more involved (the FCd seems also a bit shakey but not to the same extent).

However in general terms I really like this tactic and it looks like smooth flowing football so keep up the good work.

WhyMe:

I noticed that the FCa doesn't always become involved but he is in the prominent highlights if its the right type of player. I am currently playing with Benfica and when i use Suazo there he burns everyone with his pace and picks up through balls.

I think Matt mentioned that pace is vital to that position so i would definitely recommend maybe going for strictly pace and finishing.

Very impressed with this tactic Matt. Was struggling with Central Coast Mariners here in the Aussie A-League and so far have gone from last to finish the season 4th. Just one the Pan Pacific Cup against a far superior USA team and about to open Asian Cup Campaign.

This means the tactics work in a fairly low league.

Thanks for the kind words.

Specific feedback is helpful so i can tweak the individual tactics, i will probably release version 2.

I have tweaked a few small things with defensive so far, am testing out the results at the moment.

When i eventually downloaded this tactic i was Barnsley in the bottom 3, but by this time all the players were against me. Anyway i started picking up the odd point and won a few games. Still my players were against me so i resigned. Got the managers Job at Norwich who were already doomed even though i won quite a few games with them.

Now im at the start of league one with mixed results, although i think my players are still "gelling" . Won West Brom 4-3 in the league cup, my new signing Patrick Suffo scoring all 4 goals using the Devensive tactic.

I did a testgame (I have a thing that I refuse to use others tactics in my "real" game) and it seems the players really follow this tactic very quickly, while in my own game I can't see the players really doing the type of football i want them to do. I also tried making every of your tactics add counter-attack and direct football and it seemed to destroy it totally. I would say you have succeed in making a good tactics-set and I'm sure it will be helpful to alot of people :)

I did a testgame (I have a thing that I refuse to use others tactics in my "real" game) and it seems the players really follow this tactic very quickly, while in my own game I can't see the players really doing the type of football i want them to do. I also tried making every of your tactics add counter-attack and direct football and it seemed to destroy it totally. I would say you have succeed in making a good tactics-set and I'm sure it will be helpful to alot of people :)

Thanks, i plan to release a second set, a version 2 if you like with minor changes. Then people can choose from two versions, which version will be better? Not sure yet, but it always good to have an alternative.

Hi

I have used this tactic for the 2nd half of my season with Rushden (in the English conference league) - very impressed with how its gone.

It takes some getting used to, both by the players and myself, knowing when to switch and to which tactic, but with time it becomes a very good tactic set.

I shall be starting my 2nd season shortly (just missed out on the play-offs, due to my poor form at the start of the season when I was experimenting with other tactics). I shall keep you updated on how it progresses.

I look froward to the revised tactic set also.

So thanks!

Have to echo the words of others on here. A very good set.

I'm playing with Oxford, and my results so far have been W8 L2 and D3

This includes a very good second half comeback against Rushden where I was 2-0 down at half time and won 3-2. However both losses (away to torquay and home to York) were heavy, 4 and three nil respectivly. I'm currently joint 2nd at Christmas one point off the top.

My only critisism is that away from home I seem to struggle to score... especially the lead striker.

I have a very good (fand reasonably quick) player for this level in Stuart Fleetwood. I've tried reducing the closing down slider which seemed to pick up his orm, but as yet hasn't produced goals. Any ideas.

Have to echo the words of others on here. A very good set.

I'm playing with Oxford, and my results so far have been W8 L2 and D3

This includes a very good second half comeback against Rushden where I was 2-0 down at half time and won 3-2. However both losses (away to torquay and home to York) were heavy, 4 and three nil respectivly. I'm currently joint 2nd at Christmas one point off the top.

My only critisism is that away from home I seem to struggle to score... especially the lead striker.

I have a very good (fand reasonably quick) player for this level in Stuart Fleetwood. I've tried reducing the closing down slider which seemed to pick up his orm, but as yet hasn't produced goals. Any ideas.

You could try lowering his mentality to closer that of the FCd. For defensive though its probably best to leave him so he can latch on to through balls and clearances.

Archived