Question about 6 seats limit + Steam... really confused

VMX

Ok, so I've just bought the boxed version of FM09.

Now, I regularly use Steam on my desktop PC to play other games, so I could activate it through Steam.

But I have some doubts:

In the case that you make all of your activations/deactivations through the Uniloc system, it's clear how it'll work: no matter in which computer you are, it will do a -1 on your total available seats everytime that you activate in a different PC, and it will do a +1 everytime you uninstall/deactivate one installation.

But in the case of Steam...

I have a Steam account. So, I guess I could just go to Steam's "Activate product..." option and enter the booklet's serial number.

Once I have done so, I guess the game will be added to my steam games, and the download will start.

Now, if I download Steam in another PC, log in with my account, and download again, I guess it should work just like the first time.

Ok, but when does activation/deactivation take place with Steam? That is, what stops me from downloading Steam in 10 different computers and playing it on them all? Or, more importantly, how do I "recover" an install seat if I've activated through Steam? Deleting local content of the game, or what??

I would like to know how does that exactly work before deciding which activation method to choose.

So you're basically telling me that everytime I download FM09 in a computer using my Steam account, I'm spending one install seat?

But that there's no way to recover that installation seat within Steam itself, right?

Archived