FM09 is slower than FM08.

I have noticed that when playing FM09 it is generally alot slower that previous games. The match engine is slower and even just clicking on items it is not as responsive.

I have a (recently upgraded) 2GB laptop, 1.6GHz. Dont have any other programs running. Running a small database with no other leagues running.

Has anyone else noticed this?? It isnt REALLY slow just not as quick as previous games. Maybe its just the way this new game is, i dont know.

Thanks.

I haven't played the full game yet, but I found the demo absolutely flew by for me, I found it very fast. The full game might be different though?

Your processor isn't amazingly fast though, so I wonder if you've got too many processes running? Open task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and see how many processes are running (second tab). Anything over 40 is a lot, anything over 30 can (usually) be trimmed down.

I've recently pruned my PC of all bloatware and unnecessary processes and tasks and it's racing along nicely now.

I haven't played the full game yet, but I found the demo absolutely flew by for me, I found it very fast. The full game might be different though?

Your processor isn't amazingly fast though, so I wonder if you've got too many processes running? Open task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and see how many processes are running (second tab). Anything over 40 is a lot, anything over 30 can (usually) be trimmed down.

I've recently pruned my PC of all bloatware and unnecessary processes and tasks and it's racing along nicely now.

I agree with Gills on this. Demo it went as fast as Usain Bolt in 100m.

I have not got the real game yet, but I'm hoping it on my computer it does the same.

hi, thanks for your advice. I have looked at my task manager and im running 59 processes! Any idea of how I could cut these down?? thanks.

Yeah, that's loads, but not unheard of (my mother in law's laptop was running 79!!). The best thing I can advise is to set aside a couple of hours, open Task Manager, open your MS Config (Start - Run - type "msconfig" (no quote marks) - press go - go to the last tab "Start Up"), and open your services box (Start - Run - type "services.msc"). Next open Google, and Google each of your processes to find out what they are - Process Library is a good website to check also.

MS Config helps stop processes opening at start up, but services.msc is brilliant for sorting it as well. I'd literally go through each process and Google each one to see what it is and whether it's necessary.

If you get stuck, feel free to post in this thread, as it should make FM run a bit faster, so I think it is relevant.

A nice side effect of all this is you'll find Windows starts up and shuts down much faster.

:thup:

PS - I had a purge recently, and when I start up I now run only 22-24 processes, which I'm very pleased with. Basically, I killed all the crappy updaters that I had running.

if you head over to blackviper.com they do lists of what everything running is and what can safely be stopped running. did that on my old machine. ran sweet.

Thanks but i need a bit more help with this. Ive checked it out and Black viper is a big website with lots going on and cannot find these 'lists' of programs that are running. Can anyone give me clear directions as to how to sort out necessary programs from the unecessary.

Thanks.

I think it runs fine.My PC is only P4 2.66Ghz with 1.5GB ram and it's runs smoothly.only problem is when I go to the tactics screen in a match it takes about 30 seconds to load.

But I'm happy with how it runs considering my relatively low-spec computer.

when i go to end a process it says; warning terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system stability. how is that safe to delete. i would really like to play FM09 faster. managed to play 2 matches in 2 hours.

If you (and Andoz) have Googled any processes and you're not sure whether you can prevent the process from running without any problems, simply tell us which process (write it out EXACTLY as it appears) on here and I can tell you what it is.

Cutting down the number of processes should make FM09 run faster. :thup:

If you (and Andoz) have Googled any processes and you're not sure whether you can prevent the process from running without any problems, simply tell us which process (write it out EXACTLY as it appears) on here and I can tell you what it is.

Cutting down the number of processes should make FM09 run faster. :thup:

ok here are just some of the 59 processes i have running at the moment.

SVCHOST.EXE

GameOverlayUI.exe

ePower_DMC.exe

wmiprvse.exe

csrss.exe

LManager.exe

SynTPEnh.exe

ctfmon.exe

admServ.exe

admtray.exe

services.exe

iPodService.exe

ehtray.exe

igfxsrvc.exe

unsecapp.exe

jqs.exe

dllhost.exe

lsass.exe

moniter.exe

Any idea if any of these are necessary or not??

Thanks

Oh and here are my specs:

Laptop: Acer Aspire

Speed: 1.6Ghz

Memory: 2GB RAM

533MHz FSB

Graphics:Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

SVCHOST.EXE - DON'T CANCEL

GameOverlayUI.exe - this is Steam crap. Turn it off

ePower_DMC.exe - it's a power management tool, you can cancel it if you wish

wmiprvse.exe - DON'T CANCEL

csrss.exe - DON'T CANCEL

LManager.exe - this is a keyboard applet. Probably useless. I'd say cancel it

SynTPEnh.exe - support for your laptop touchpad. I *think* you can cancel it, but I'm not sure.

ctfmon.exe - if you use voice recognition or handwriting recognition software this is useful. Otherwise, kill it*

admServ.exe - Acer configuration stuff. Personally, I'd kill it, but it's personal preference really

admtray.exe - see above

services.exe - DON'T CANCEL

iPodService.exe - something to do with iTunes recognising when an iPod is connected automatically. I kill it, but most people like it.

dllhost.exe - is usually a Windows process - can sometimes hide a virus though

lsass.exe - DON'T CANCEL

moniter.exe - monitors hardware components, hmmm, I'd cancel personally, but others may disagree

Thanks

* to remove ctfmon: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599

Now, you probably know how to cancel them, but to stop them starting up, you'll need to go to msconfig and services.msc (see above posts) and change the relevant points. A mixture of common sense and Google should see you right, but if you have any specific questions, give me a shout.

how about these.

generic.exe

capabilitymanager

wlloginproxy.exe

hpqtra08.exe

msnmsgr.exe

csrss.exe

smss.exe

soundman.exe

vttimer.exe

fssui.exe

jusched.exe

hpwuschd.exe

epmworker.exe

hpqimzone.exe

acrod32.exe

alg.exe

HERE ARE MY SYSTEM SPECS:

WINDOWS XP

INTEL CELERON D

2.80GHZ

SERVICE PACK 3

HOME EDITION

There is a program that is called game prelauncher. It's free I think and you can make it so that after a restart the minimum number of processes are run.

It deactivates 50+ processes I think and can increase the speed of FM quite a lot. You won't be able to do many things until you restore the services and restart the computer though.

ok thanks for trying but to be honest this doest really help me none. It appears from the above that only one or two can definatly be turned off, and the others are sort of at my own risk. I dont want to mess up my computer. I cant see how its as simple as google-ing these processes because when they are typed in I get MANY MANY pages of computer mumbo jumbo and no clear definition as to weather it should be kept or not.

And back to my original question will this even help speed up FM09? Or looking at my specs, is it that my laptop is not powerful enough?

I cant beleive im the only one who is finding FM09 a bit on the slow side in all aspects. What isnt helpfull is people replying with comments like 'I find FM09 really really quick!' and 'Its your computer' or 'Just go to *random site* and download this and that* Thats nice, but if it is infact my computer I would really appriciate some helpful and straight to the point advice on how to remedy this problem.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh but im getting very very frustrated this this ****ing about.

Thank you

FM09 is slow for me too but it possibly because I run 22 leagues, still thought it would be faster.

When my computer was worse with 1800+ Athlon that "game prelauncher" program helped quite a lot. I don't think I had any problems with it. If you want to just play FM and not browsing the net at the same time in alt-tab I think you should try it at least. Just type "game prelauncher" in google and you will easily find it.

ok thanks for trying but to be honest this doest really help me none. It appears from the above that only one or two can definatly be turned off, and the others are sort of at my own risk. I dont want to mess up my computer. I cant see how its as simple as google-ing these processes because when they are typed in I get MANY MANY pages of computer mumbo jumbo and no clear definition as to weather it should be kept or not.

And back to my original question will this even help speed up FM09? Or looking at my specs, is it that my laptop is not powerful enough?

I cant beleive im the only one who is finding FM09 a bit on the slow side in all aspects. What isnt helpfull is people replying with comments like 'I find FM09 really really quick!' and 'Its your computer' or 'Just go to *random site* and download this and that* Thats nice, but if it is infact my computer I would really appriciate some helpful and straight to the point advice on how to remedy this problem.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh but im getting very very frustrated this this ****ing about.

Thank you

I don't know what sort of processor you have. If it's a single core then 1.6Ghz really isn't that great. It'll play FM09 for sure, but it won't be amazingly fast. I've tried to help you speed up your computer to get some more "oomph" out of your processor.

how about these.

generic.exe

capabilitymanager

wlloginproxy.exe

hpqtra08.exe

msnmsgr.exe

csrss.exe

smss.exe

soundman.exe

vttimer.exe

fssui.exe

jusched.exe

hpwuschd.exe

epmworker.exe

hpqimzone.exe

acrod32.exe

alg.exe

I don't mind helping you out with some of these, but you have to at least try to find the information out for yourself. Some of them I know (like csrrs, smss - don't cancel; but do cancel jusched), but the others I have to Google. Have a go yourself, and if you're really stuck, come back and I'll try to help.

It does speed up your computer, so can help speed up FM09.

I think quite a few people are finding it on the slow side .. have found alot of advice on here very helpfull...

Another thing you could try m8 is playing it in windowed mode and set resolutions to 1024 -768..fixed my scrolling problem in an instant.and basically having nothing running on your windows bar apart from your anti-virus programme.

Hope this helps :thup:

I have 61 processes! :O

Avgtray.exe - guessing i keep this open since its anti virus

conime.exe

csrss.exe - already know not to close this

dwm.exe

ehmsas.exe

ehtray.exe

explorer.exe - hmmm.... :p

firefox.exe - well if i want to come on here i kno it has to stay up

jusched.exe

mfpmp.exe

Monitor.exe - alredy read above

MSASCui.exe

rundll32.exe

rundll32.exe - (there is two of these)

taskeng.exe

winlogon.exe - think this has to do with having more than one user on the comp?

If somebody could give me help trying to trim it down. Also i havnt wrote down all 61 as some .exe i do know the reasons for.

I think quite a few people are finding it on the slow side .. have found alot of advice on here very helpfull...

Another thing you could try m8 is playing it in windowed mode and set resolutions to 1024 -768..fixed my scrolling problem in an instant.and basically having nothing running on your windows bar apart from your anti-virus programme.

Hope this helps :thup:

how do you do both?

it was going slow so i changed to window mode, it went faster, but the scrollers came on

i cant work out how to change both :(

yes, its a lot slower than the last games, it takes forever sometimes. i dont really care, if i would want i could change the detail levels but im used to playing with the same configuration since fm06. Its a little slower, its a pain, yes, but its just a little slower than last year version. Cant believe that i took 2 hrs to play two games.... or you have a crappy pc or you are having other problems.

I dont know why its this slow, the demo was really really fast, and the game didnt suffer any great changes apart from the 3d, it would be nice to see an improvement in a future patch.

yes, its a lot slower than the last games, it takes forever sometimes. i dont really care, if i would want i could change the detail levels but im used to playing with the same configuration since fm06. Its a little slower, its a pain, yes, but its just a little slower than last year version. Cant believe that i took 2 hrs to play two games.... or you have a crappy pc or you are having other problems.

I dont know why its this slow, the demo was really really fast, and the game didnt suffer any great changes apart from the 3d, it would be nice to see an improvement in a future patch.

SVCHOST.EXE

GameOverlayUI.exe

ePower_DMC.exe

wmiprvse.exe

csrss.exe

LManager.exe

SynTPEnh.exe

ctfmon.exe

admServ.exe

admtray.exe

services.exe

iPodService.exe

ehtray.exe

igfxsrvc.exe

unsecapp.exe

jqs.exe

dllhost.exe

lsass.exe

moniter.exe

Thanks

Oh and here are my specs:

Laptop: Acer Aspire

Speed: 1.6Ghz

Memory: 2GB RAM

533MHz FSB

Graphics:Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

To be honest you can forget about cancelling processes.You're processor is bad and this game or any modern game will never be fast for you.Most of the processes aren't very CPU heavy anyway.

Just defrag your hard drive and it makes it much faster, cos if you currently use the microsoft windows own defrag it is crap tbh. download auslogics disk defrag its so much quicker and much better, plus a visual interface which you don't get with vista. It will run faster if you defrag with the auslogics one

how do you do both?

it was going slow so i changed to window mode, it went faster, but the scrollers came on

i cant work out how to change both :(

how do you do both?

Right cilck anywhere on your desktop.

Go to properties

Go to setiings. (the last one on the right)

Adjust to 1024/768 pixels

Start game.

Go to Display and sound settings on FM

Set to window mode ( make sure you do this after you adjusted the pixels)

The scrollers should run faster then.

Make sure you have the Min processers running too:thup:

If windowed mode is greyed out...

Right click FM shortcut...

Type.. -small_screen -windowed. in target on Apps at the end of "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

Hope this helps

how do you do both?

Right cilck anywhere on your desktop.

Go to properties

Go to setiings. (the last one on the right)

Adjust to 1024/768 pixels

Start game.

Go to Display and sound settings on FM

Set to window mode ( make sure you do this after you adjusted the pixels)

The scrollers should run faster then.

Make sure you have the Min processers running too:thup:

If windowed mode is greyed out...

Right click FM shortcut...

Type.. -small_screen -windowed. in target on Apps at the end of "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

Hope this helps

thanks, it does.

I have a problem with fm, I installed the game with steam. the game is very slow. I loaded 3 countries and 4 championships. I have 4gb of ram and the notebook is a double processor with 2.0 ghz. I have 2 hard disk and the game is installed in disk c:, the same that is running Vista.

how can I fix this?

Archived