IS it possible to increase font size?

I'm using a 22" monitor and I think the font size is too small. I would like to increase font size (instead of just making things further apart from eachother on screen, they could make it zoom in/out when we resize the window). I just don't want to have an harder time reading, just because I have a widescreen monitor at 1680x1050 resolution.

Is there a way to do this? If not, I leave here that sugestion.

Is it just me or is the font ridiculously small? Ive enjoyed the game since the original Championship Manager religiously and have great eyesight, but i simply can't play the game. Ive never had this problem before and now I really do feel like Im just going to have to pass on this version. I dont really understand where the change has come from. Ive got a 19inch monitor and its at 1280 x1024.

Very grateful to Sad Git for the skin, but as indicated its very much barebones and fairly blocky on my monitor. Bit like using a BBC model B!

Any thoughts on what i can do? How much better is it on a bigger monitor? Or is there another solution. Really disappointed.

Cheers

You can adjust the font size on any downloaded skin, with a little bit of experimentation. It's fun!

Look in a skin's directory and there should be an .xml file there with the same name as the skin. (Try this with my skin as an example.) Open this with a program like notepad or suchlike.

Scroll down and you should find sections called "Title Properties", "Menu Properties", etc, with all the font info within. Try changing just a few values at a time then save and see how it looks within FM. (Go to Preferences, untick "Use Skin Cache", tick "Always Reload Skin" and click "Confirm" to force load the changed version.)

If you're feeling adventurous you can look around the net for new fonts as well. Put them in the skin's font directory and edit the aforementioned .xml file, where it says "value=fonts/(fontname)". Be careful as FM gets VERY unhappy if it can't find a font.

Here's another basic skin, with a new font:- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymmmhkzumm2

• 1 month later...

I'm also using a 22" widescreen monitor at 1680x1050 resolution and found it a bit sore on the eyes with the text size.

I found the best solution was changing the resolution to 1280x960 which has helped.

As per the post above, I can't find an answer to the size of the player's names.... can that be made bigger does anyone know?

I play on my 50" TV some times (when my wife has out laptop) with resolution set to 1080p and i usually get a headache in about an hour (which for this game is nothing) and i only sit about 5 ft from the TV.

If i up the font, will it keep everything proportional? or will the alignment of text get all out of wack?

Archived