I am Hoping that in FM 09......

the issue concerning super keepers is dealt with

the long shot issue is dealt with

more tactical options are introduced and they improve on the way the current tactics are done.

transfer market is a bit more realistic i find myself dishing out way to much for players that are worth like 5 million and then when i negotiate contracts with them they are askign for like 85,000 a week

clsoing down and tackling is resolved i am fed up of having to constantly mess with the cloding down and tackling just to get my centre to stop a forward from scoring.

they introduce different a way the team can close down such as adding an instruction that stops 4 of my team memebers tryin to close down the same person.

add more instructions to the individul instructions for more flexibility such as the time wasting instruction. i may want my DM to waste time but my winger to waste no time at all. having it strictly as a team instruction is not good enough. maybe we could instruct certain players to do certain things when they have the ball and when they dont hve the ball for instance instructing a winger to always run along theside the touchline with the ball and to go very wide when they dont have the ball in order to find them selves in free space. maybe the width option could be included as a individual instruction so that you coudl have possibilities of making your defence very narrow and midfield go wide. just for more options and different effects.

this is personal preference but maybe we should have our own stats in the same way as other staff as well as the stats that we as managers already have. so we can tell how good our attacking coaching is or defending coaching. could be used to identify where we could improve with our tactics.

another personal thing but maybe we could have our own favourite team and personnel list that we can add players to during the course of the game. just for fun icon_smile.gif

scouts not losing all their knowledge at the beginning of a new season. it gets quite annoying to make them have to scount every nation all over again.

thats all i got for now till i rememeber what else i have to say about FM. if anybody has anything to say about some of my suggestions or wants to add a suggestion feel free to.

the issue concerning super keepers is dealt with

the long shot issue is dealt with

more tactical options are introduced and they improve on the way the current tactics are done.

transfer market is a bit more realistic i find myself dishing out way to much for players that are worth like 5 million and then when i negotiate contracts with them they are askign for like 85,000 a week

clsoing down and tackling is resolved i am fed up of having to constantly mess with the cloding down and tackling just to get my centre to stop a forward from scoring.

they introduce different a way the team can close down such as adding an instruction that stops 4 of my team memebers tryin to close down the same person.

add more instructions to the individul instructions for more flexibility such as the time wasting instruction. i may want my DM to waste time but my winger to waste no time at all. having it strictly as a team instruction is not good enough. maybe we could instruct certain players to do certain things when they have the ball and when they dont hve the ball for instance instructing a winger to always run along theside the touchline with the ball and to go very wide when they dont have the ball in order to find them selves in free space. maybe the width option could be included as a individual instruction so that you coudl have possibilities of making your defence very narrow and midfield go wide. just for more options and different effects.

this is personal preference but maybe we should have our own stats in the same way as other staff as well as the stats that we as managers already have. so we can tell how good our attacking coaching is or defending coaching. could be used to identify where we could improve with our tactics.

another personal thing but maybe we could have our own favourite team and personnel list that we can add players to during the course of the game. just for fun icon_smile.gif

scouts not losing all their knowledge at the beginning of a new season. it gets quite annoying to make them have to scount every nation all over again.

thats all i got for now till i rememeber what else i have to say about FM. if anybody has anything to say about some of my suggestions or wants to add a suggestion feel free to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkidRo:

another personal thing but maybe we could have our own favourite team and personnel list that we can add players to during the course of the game. just for fun icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt this will happen unless it's purely cosmetic, as otherwise you could just add favourite teams and players when you wanted a job or to sign someone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkidRo:

the issue concerning super keepers is dealt with </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What issue concerning super keepers? The issue concerning a high number of one-on-one chances being created and missed was fixed in the 8.0.2 patch. There is no super keeper issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the long shot issue is dealt with </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, what issue is this? I've not heard of or experienced any long shot issues in the 8.0.2 patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">more tactical options are introduced and they improve on the way the current tactics are done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What sort of options? I feel a couple of things could be added or expanded upon but as it is you can do most things with the current tactical interface. I feel the actual problem is that there's not enough in the game to help you understand the tactical side and to give you feedback as to why something's not working.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">transfer market is a bit more realistic i find myself dishing out way to much for players that are worth like 5 million and then when i negotiate contracts with them they are askign for like 85,000 a week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This I agree with. However, if the transfer model is changed so that you pay more realistic prices for players then the financial models will also have to be changed as there is currently far too much money floating around in the game. If players were less expensive then teams would have far too much money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">clsoing down and tackling is resolved i am fed up of having to constantly mess with the cloding down and tackling just to get my centre to stop a forward from scoring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is again something that's been fixed in the patches. There's definitely no closing down issue and I've not experienced any tackling issues either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they introduce different a way the team can close down such as adding an instruction that stops 4 of my team memebers tryin to close down the same person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this must be down to something your doing tactically as it doesn't happen to me and it's not soemthing I've seen anyone complain about on the forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">add more instructions to the individul instructions for more flexibility such as the time wasting instruction. i may want my DM to waste time but my winger to waste no time at all. having it strictly as a team instruction is not good enough. maybe we could instruct certain players to do certain things when they have the ball and when they dont hve the ball for instance instructing a winger to always run along theside the touchline with the ball and to go very wide when they dont have the ball in order to find them selves in free space. maybe the width option could be included as a individual instruction so that you coudl have possibilities of making your defence very narrow and midfield go wide. just for more options and different effects. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't agree with the individual time wasting idea. If you want your midfielder to waste time but not your winger then just stick your midfielder on 'hold up ball'. Individual width is a decent idea though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">this is personal preference but maybe we should have our own stats in the same way as other staff as well as the stats that we as managers already have. so we can tell how good our attacking coaching is or defending coaching. could be used to identify where we could improve with our tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't see how this could be linked with helping improve our tactics. The main staff attribute that governs a managers tactical skill is the Tactics attribute (it may be called something slightly different such as Tactical Knowledge). So if this was low all you'd know would be that tactically your not very good, there are much better ways to highlight your tactical failings, such as better staff feedback.

That being said I'm not against this idea, if it's done well. Although it is quite low on my list of things I'd like to see improved in FM. However I'm not sure how it could be done as staff in the game have a CA and a PA just like players. Their development is governed by their CA and PA so how would our development be governed? What would our PA be set as?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">another personal thing but maybe we could have our own favourite team and personnel list that we can add players to during the course of the game. just for fun icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't like to just be able to add my own but it could be good if under certain circumstances new rivals were added to your team or perhaps to you personally. Perhaps in the same way you could have your own favoured personnel that are added during the game. Again though, wuite low on the list of things I'd like to see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">scouts not losing all their knowledge at the beginning of a new season. it gets quite annoying to make them have to scount every nation all over again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never taken much notice of this so didn't realise it happened. If it does then yeah, it's quite annoying and could be improved.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">thats all i got for now till i rememeber what else i have to say about FM. if anybody has anything to say about some of my suggestions or wants to add a suggestion feel free to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you applied patch 8.0.2? Many of these issues have been fixed so if you haven't got the patch you should definitely get it.

Just some of my own views:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the issue concerning super keepers is dealt with </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are no superkeepers. This is a paranoid delusion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the long shot issue is dealt with </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I score plenty and don't concede an unreasonable amount. Must be your tactics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> more tactical options are introduced and they improve on the way the current tactics are done </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say more, others may say less. It'll be up to SI what they think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> transfer market is a bit more realistic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with you on that one, mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> clsoing down and tackling is resolved i am fed up of having to constantly mess with the cloding down and tackling just to get my centre to stop a forward from scoring.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, not sure what problems you are having. I know players shouldn't behave like robots - only following your instructions to the letter - but I only need to tweak tactics 2 or 3 times a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> adding an instruction that stops 4 of my team memebers tryin to close down the same person </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only ever have 2 people do this, and it's usually when I set players to "always" close down, or to always close down that player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> add more instructions to the individul instructions for more flexibility such as the time wasting instruction </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like a "keep the ball in the corner" instruction - or for players to automatically hold up the ball in the corner rather than crossing into the box when I have no attackers there. Definite tweak required.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> another personal thing but maybe we could have our own favourite team and personnel list that we can add players to during the course of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should definitely be able to add favoured personnel and teams during the saves. We all get attached to certain players during the games, especially gems we dig up and have never heard of in real life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> scouts not losing all their knowledge at the beginning of a new season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But isn't that knowledge out of date? Players will have got better/worse over the past year. Perhaps a clearer indication of WHEN the knowledge was attained?

thank you for the feedback and just to clarify i have already got the patch installed.

the super keeper issue the reason i state this is because me and my bro play fm and both have noticed that in some games you have so many chances on goal and the oppositions keeper wil make save after save after save keepign hi steam in the game and then when you look at the keepers stats after the game hes not at all that impressive. and i have had this happene to me on a number of occassions and im sure its a super goalie issue. if i need to prove it i will start saving games and uploading them if i must lol.

about the long shots here is what i have noticed when i was playing with ac milan and using Pato up front. gave him slightly below normal creative freedom gave him long shots rarely and when he would receive the ball he made no attemp t to run with most times i would just let off a shot. i admit sometimes they went in and i would be like WOW but thats not what i want him to do.

for improvement on tactics maybe instead of telling players to rarely do things what about a "never" option. and instead of using the mentality bar to decide how far up the pitch players go there could be a slider solely for that.

i agree on the transfer thing there definetly is too much money going around and if we have to pay less for players then the amoutn of money made by teams should be limited. teams at one point arsenal was worth 500 odd million.

closing down and tackling - my opinion on that is that it seems you have to do too much tweaking to get it perfect i never remember the older fms being like this.

i never use hold up ball that why i thought of the individual time wasting but i'll play around with that option.

Archived