Don't know about you, but I'm still playing 08!!

Guys,

The reason I'm still playing FM08 is the ridiculous minimum requirements to play the game, even in 2D mode. The game itself surely isn't so advanced that, when you take the 3D feature out of the running, it is above and beyond the previous version in terms of cpu/ram loading?

I don't think so. So my laptop doesn't fit these minimum specs (which I believe is due to the fact that software houses test less due to the specs of hardware now - they can leave more bloat in - just my opinion) and I'm still playing FM without any issues.

Anyone else?

I didn't go back - I just never went forward! My laptop apparently can't cope. I'd like to know how much bloat is left in games nowadays. The only problem with hardware improving at such a rate is that games developers don't need to cut down their games and code correctly. They can write statements that take up reams of A4 rather than code which would take 10 lines......they have the additional load within the components to save them that hassle now. I can only talk about the areas of development I have seen and therefore can't say that this is the same with FM09 etc.....just my guess.

Archived