Problems!!!!!!!! FM 09!

Okay after i installed the game On steam i cliked launch game. I launched the game and it was loading up very slowly. I thn got onto the screen where i cliked strt a new game. Thn i get a mssg at the bottom right Cant think exactly what it say bt is says " Press shift and tab 2 remove" I press these 2 keys thn the game either crashes or very occasionally carries on. If it does crash i leave the game and launch the game again. I then get a message saying " Football manager 09 is already running" Its sooo wierd. There is no Fm 09 Running at all. I have installed some kind of patch because i was gettin the message about the graphics error. This has now stopped.

I have a few times got 2 my first pre season friendly and i clik submit team and get another flamin message!

This time is says Warning! "DirectSound Error: No Driver.

It shuts down the game!

Can any1 help me I have spent all saturday and all mornin 2day trynna sort this out. Itys gt me no where

Cheers

Okay after i installed the game On steam i cliked launch game. I launched the game and it was loading up very slowly. I thn got onto the screen where i cliked strt a new game. Thn i get a mssg at the bottom right Cant think exactly what it say bt is says " Press shift and tab 2 remove" I press these 2 keys thn the game either crashes or very occasionally carries on. If it does crash i leave the game and launch the game again. I then get a message saying " Football manager 09 is already running" Its sooo wierd. There is no Fm 09 Running at all. I have installed some kind of patch because i was gettin the message about the graphics error. This has now stopped.

I have a few times got 2 my first pre season friendly and i clik submit team and get another flamin message!

It shuts down the game!

Can any1 help me I have spent all saturday and all mornin 2day trynna sort this out. Itys gt me no where

Cheers

If you don't have a soundcard or the drivers are causing a problem go into preferences\display & sound and untick "play sounds". This should stop any sound driver issues.

The message is a community update from Steam. You can disable this by doing the following:

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community"

I have a similar problem, Got to the point of launching the game ... after a while a message appears saying "Failed to set up graphics system".

Anyone know what this means and what I can do about it?

I'm really frustrated now as I've already had to uninstall/ reinstall this game several times and now I thought it's actually worked I get this!

I have a similar problem, Got to the point of launching the game ... after a while a message appears saying "Failed to set up graphics system".

Anyone know what this means and what I can do about it?

I'm really frustrated now as I've already had to uninstall/ reinstall this game several times and now I thought it's actually worked I get this!

yep try this

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

taken from http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=article&newsid=2539

It shuts down the game!

Cheers

If you get any issue with reference to the error refering to the game is already runnin, it is because although the window and for FM has closed the process for the game is still running. Do a ctrl alt del, go to task manager and then the 'process tab' end the process named fm.exe.

Once you have installed the game, to avoid launching that Steam crap (which may be useful for game updates now and then) launch FM09 from the following hidden location C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe, this is the application only and will not launch Steam, meaning you can play offline.

• 1 month later...
Shut up im only asking a question

He's asking you a question about what you mean. Telling him to shut up does not help you.

What files do you mean? Please elaborate on your question and someone can help you.

My question is i try to launch fm09 and it comes up (invalid token) last saved game and at the bottom of your screen you have what things your on well fm goes off that, so i try to launch it again and it ses game is already running, so i did the thing ctrl, alt, delete thing and i tried again but it just keeps doing that, soo i need help

Sounds like you may have an xml issue

Try

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Hi,

I have got fm08 currently running fine on a works laptop, uninstalled it and now installed fm09, could not do it through steam so had to use the other option, it tells me that everything has installed correctly but when clicking on the shortcut it tells me I have the d3dx9 error, I have downloaded the directx nov link as instructed in this forum but still would not start, it did ask me for an activation code which I added from the back of the instruction manual and that said it activated fine. but still no luck.

I have uninstalled deleted everything to do with sports interactive from my laptop and installed again but now can't get passed the d3dx9 problem now.

can anyone help please

thank you if you can in advance

Archived