Why was there never a WWSM Demo?

While I do understand the complaints about WWSM release/support/demo, I would not exagerate the situation. It is not a problem at all to order FM from overseas or local companies that import it. While overseas means more shipping cost and probably time involved, it also means you can choose to get FM instead of WWSM. I do see WWSM, esp. how it is priced, as a service offer for us here, that we do not have to pay overpriced shipping to import from overseas. I imagine, Sega/Si would like to grow the market here, and undoubtedly football is in growth, and this is reflected already by the fact that they publish it here instead of ignoring us.

So, what many of you claim as ignorance, in fact it is not. That in the hirarchy this market is second or third globally, is a simple business fact and is also reflected by the fact that SI/Sega have to give support to FM first and right now they are tied up, I imagine.

The only solution, like discussed on the boards recently, is to merge WWSM with FM brandingwise to eliminate the bottle neck with the patches. Or, to eliminate the US-English file incompatibilties by just not including it, so that a patch is a simple matter of renaming the code as a wsm.exe file.

But again, SI/Sega are not ignoring us, since they make it very easy for us to obtain a more than fair-priced copy being released in less than a week after FM's launch while still having the choice/option to import FM or order an already imported FM at one of the sites mentioned in other threads.

While I do understand the complaints about WWSM release/support/demo, I would not exagerate the situation. It is not a problem at all to order FM from overseas or local companies that import it. While overseas means more shipping cost and probably time involved, it also means you can choose to get FM instead of WWSM. I do see WWSM, esp. how it is priced, as a service offer for us here, that we do not have to pay overpriced shipping to import from overseas. I imagine, Sega/Si would like to grow the market here, and undoubtedly football is in growth, and this is reflected already by the fact that they publish it here instead of ignoring us.

So, what many of you claim as ignorance, in fact it is not. That in the hirarchy this market is second or third globally, is a simple business fact and is also reflected by the fact that SI/Sega have to give support to FM first and right now they are tied up, I imagine.

The only solution, like discussed on the boards recently, is to merge WWSM with FM brandingwise to eliminate the bottle neck with the patches. Or, to eliminate the US-English file incompatibilties by just not including it, so that a patch is a simple matter of renaming the code as a wsm.exe file.

But again, SI/Sega are not ignoring us, since they make it very easy for us to obtain a more than fair-priced copy being released in less than a week after FM's launch while still having the choice/option to import FM or order an already imported FM at one of the sites mentioned in other threads.

That's all well and good, but SI said that the WWSM demo would be out 1 week after the FM demo. So where is it?

That's all well and good, but SI said that the WWSM demo would be out 1 week after the FM demo. So where is it?

I just can imagine they had hands tied up with getting bugs out/patching FM for the patch to be released on launch day, respectively working on the Macintosh patch which still is due. Then, they were eager to get a patched demo out since the first one I imagine made a bunch of people doubting and delaying their purchase.

Since there is no problem for us to demo play the FM demo other than not being able to play MLS, their decision in favor of the above mentioned issues is most likely how they were reasoning.

Again, I do see a lack/problem of communication on their behalf and that of course causes to feel being ignored on this side of the pond and they really should improve their communications.

All we are asking for is one post from SI answering some simple questions. WWSM demo release date, when does the pre-download start and will the patch for WWSM be available on release day? I know they are busy, but it is their own damn fault for the worst release of a video game ever. We are paying customers that deserve a couple of minutes for someone at SI to answer these questions. Its called customer service, something SI knows zero about. They have lost a lot of customers this weekend and I am guessing they will lose more on Monday when WWSM is all scrwed up just like FM was.

All we are asking for is one post from SI answering some simple questions. WWSM demo release date, when does the pre-download start and will the patch for WWSM be available on release day? I know they are busy, but it is their own damn fault for the worst release of a video game ever. We are paying customers that deserve a couple of minutes for someone at SI to answer these questions. Its called customer service, something SI knows zero about. They have lost a lot of customers this weekend and I am guessing they will lose more on Monday when WWSM is all scrwed up just like FM was.

How many companies have the lead designer (and company co-founder), along with the studio head (former MD when independent) posting regularly on their own forums, answering criticism, on their first weekend off in a long time?

SI might not get everything right. They are heads and shoulders above the rest when it comes to caring about their customers though.

You are completely right, I can understand you. Again, communications on their behalf. No doubt, it will make them lose customers next time around or even now in the wake of the FM launch regarding the WWSM launch. And because of that, if they want (I only can imagine they really want) limit the harm and bad aftertaste for many customers, they will most likely improve on that.

Let them get some sleep today and wait for tomorrow's announcments.

If they are so great why can't we get them to answer us? There have been multiple threads with tons of posts in them asking these questions for days. Where the hell are our answers? SI sucks, plain and simple.

How many companies have the lead designer (and company co-founder), along with the studio head (former MD when independent) posting regularly on their own forums, answering criticism, on their first weekend off in a long time?

SI might not get everything right. They are heads and shoulders above the rest when it comes to caring about their customers though.

What a bunch of little prima donnas.

Boo hoo, your demo isn't here when they said... boo hoo. If you really care that much about trying the game before you buy it, then why does it's proximity to the game's release matter... aren't you trying it before you buy it anyway?

And to answer "What is the use of the demo NOW???": Because you're not the only person on this planet. Most people trying WWSM will be doing so throughout the year that it's on the market - days from now, weeks from now, months from now - when the game's release date is far from relevant anymore. Remember, a demo is a demo, not a means for you guys to get your greasy little hands on it before it's released.

I still haven't gotten an answer on why the WWSM on amazon comes out a day late. That is truly troubling and I for one am very upset that I paid for 1 day shipping and paid an extra 10 dollars but will be getting it 3 days later. Neither Amazon nor Si have commented about what the mix was and why Amazon have gone ahead and released the game late.

I still haven't gotten an answer on why the WWSM on amazon comes out a day late. That is truly troubling and I for one am very upset that I paid for 1 day shipping and paid an extra 10 dollars but will be getting it 3 days later. Neither Amazon nor Si have commented about what the mix was and why Amazon have gone ahead and released the game late.

Amazon has it right, its released on the 18th. Steam has it wrong. Whether we get it through Steam on the 17th, well, I have my doubts....

The WWSM demo is delayed. Most games companies don't release demo's before the game is released now anyway (On pc)

The demo is planned to be released before the game is from what I've heard, so I really don't see the problem.

The problem I see is that SI LIED, if there were bugs or any changes made, they SHOULD let us know BEFORE instead of waiting for everyone to start complaining about it.

Honestly, I do not want a WWSM demo to be high on the list of priorities for SI at the moment. I really want them to concentrate on making the full game the best it can be. That also entails them working to get the FM 1st patch ported over to the WWSM release. I think most of us would rather have a working, patched WWSM this week instead of a WWSM demo.

Yes, it would be nice for us to be kept in the loop of such things, but for now we must accept that we are considered second-tier behind FM and having it work and play correctly comes first to them. With the sales figures of the 2 games, one can understand why one game is first priority over the other.

Most games companies don't release demo's before the game is released now anyway (On pc)

I have honestly NEVER heard of this happening ONCE. Of course they leave the demo out there after release but not in the way you said. After a quick search, though, I did find one demo that was released after a game. Hardly "most".

dude, seriously, I'm in america and I'm going through the same things.....I don't get why no one is just playing the FM demo....and the only differences are in the language. Also, with all of the problems that are going on with activation with FM, I don't blame them for putting us on the backburner. Let's see, should I focus on the happiness of 90% of my customers playing the actual game or 10% of my customers asking questions about a game that doesn't come out for a few days? I would choose the 90%, even though as I said, I'm in the 10%.

Gay down and stop whining...wait a couple days, they're obviously busy

Archived