Different Game - Same old BS

Seriously, the miraculous comeback still exists .. First half your playing against a pub team .. Second half your playing against Brazil.

3-0 up at home at half-time vs the leagues bottom team .. 12 shots, 3 on target, 9 clear cut ... Opposition .. 0 shots, 0 on target, 0 clear cut ..

20 minutes into 2nd half ..

12 shots, 3 on target, 9 clear cut ... Opposition .. 4 shots, 4 on target, 0 clear cut .. Me 3 Oppo 4 .. (1 dodgy penalty, 3 30 yard screamers from 2 guys with a combined Long shots of 6 between them).

Ass man is still telling me "I have nothing to say at this time about our tactics" .. tactics are fine, you see ..

Ah, I must have chosen the team talk option : " .. well done lads, 3pts in the bag - last one down the pub gets the beers in .. " .. actually, no - it was the " .. don't let your performance drop .. " one .. so no problems there then ..

<sigh>

Anyway .. rant over .. :D

I had this. Their second goal got my angry as their striker took the ball out of my keepers hand and slotted it home.

Anyway, don't let your performance drop is taken in a negative light by the players - rightly or wrongly, that could have had an effect.

Well, 3rd round CL qualifier, Arsenal vs Slavia Prague, 1st half display was horrible and the 0-0 reflected that.:o My half time talk was angry, I was furious, the fans deserve much more for their money, the lads woke-up and netted 4 in the second 45'.:D

Don't be afraid to let the lads know how furious you are with them!;)

Cheers

In my opinion, the best way is to avoid all media interaction in the game. When I've done that, is when I have managed to get better results in the game. In FM 08 I didn't answer a single media comment, didn't give a single team talk, etc, and those were by far my best long term games.

Just checked the Team Talk feedback for half-time ..

GK Happy, Looked Delighted

DR Happy, Looked Delighted

DL Happy, Looked Delighted

DC Happy, Looked Delighted

DC Looked Delighted

MR Nothing Specific Noted

ML Happy, Looked Delighted

MC Happy, Looked Delighted

MC Nothing Specific Noted

ST Happy, Looked Delighted

ST Nothing Specic Noted

So nope!! Half Time teamtalk went down well! :D The pub team just turned into Brazil .. bugga I missed that tactical master-stroke!

Don't be daft jod, he'll have just left it and then whined when they came back. It's your tactics.

Ahh .. hey - the idiots are in the house .. For your information .. nope .... I moved from my attacking to my control tactic .. slow the game down, keep possesion .. Of course, thats no good for you as you can't then blame tactics - you continue living in your little dream world where you know absolutely everything (i wondered who that was looking over my shoulder) .. so, now Mr Expert has put his two pennies worth in .. lets continue

Probably was, but just annoys the hell out of you .. the dodgy penalty was actually a foul outside the box that the ref gave as a penna and I then ended up with a slap on the wrist from the FA for daring to suggest that the ref needed his eyes poking out with a big stick ..

I love the 'it's your tactics' brigade who pop out everytime a post like this arises. The head in the clouds, refusing to believe FM has its problems type, 'no, you might have been 8-0 up against 8 men with 2 minutes left, gone defensive, made the right substitutions, but the reason you've lost 9-8 is quite simply your fault, it's not that the game is ridiculous'.

Mate, it's not your tactics. It's that SI seem to have refused to eliminate the ridiculousness that too often occured on FM08. It's alright though, 'coz now not only can you see their centre back with 'freekicks - 4' hit a blinding set piece into your top corner for the fourth time in 10 minutes, you can see it in 3d version!

I love the 'it's your tactics' brigade who pop out everytime a post like this arises. The head in the clouds, refusing to believe FM has its problems type, 'no, you might have been 8-0 up against 8 men with 2 minutes left, gone defensive, made the right substitutions, but the reason you've lost 9-8 is quite simply your fault, it's not that the game is ridiculous'.

Mate, it's not your tactics. It's that SI seem to have refused to eliminate the ridiculousness that too often occured on FM08. It's alright though, 'coz now not only can you see their centre back with 'freekicks - 4' hit a blinding set piece into your top corner for the fourth time in 10 minutes, you can see it in 3d version!

You're right, I forgot that comebacks never happen IRL.

The ridiculousness is almost always caused via the tactics - the reason it happens in human matches so often is that humans are far less willing to look at the problem and work on it when the AI knows when what it's doing is wrong and changes appropriately (or at least tries to).

There's a tactical guide in the tactics & training forum that includes a load of explanations on how to put together a strong, solid tactic and it's written by people who know what they're talking about. It's based entirely on the premis of translating how you want to play into FM tactical language:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61144

I remember in FM08 suffering from the " .. 20 shots on goal, 15 on target and get beat 0-1 from their only shot .. " syndrome .. My tactic was set up to create 1 on 1s for my 16 finishing, 18 composure striker and it used to create bag loads of them game after game .. I used to get beat tho because " .. it was my tactics - you shouldn't look to create so many 1 on 1s!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember in FM08 suffering from the " .. 20 shots on goal, 15 on target and get beat 0-1 from their only shot .. " syndrome .. My tactic was set up to create 1 on 1s for my 16 finishing, 18 composure striker and it used to create bag loads of them game after game .. I used to get beat tho because " .. it was my tactics - you shouldn't look to create so many 1 on 1s!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem was that nobody complained when they won by having one shot on and getting hammered by the AI.

I had a tactic with Middlesboro which was great a getting me goals. I would get hammered every time I faced a better team but often came away with something.

Calm down dear, it's only a computer game.

Well the arrogance of some people on here has no limits .. just cos they get a little success they think others must be prodding and poking the mouse and keyboard with big thick monkey fingers ..

Seriously, the miraculous comeback still exists .. First half your playing against a pub team .. Second half your playing against Brazil.

3-0 up at home at half-time vs the leagues bottom team .. 12 shots, 3 on target, 9 clear cut ... Opposition .. 0 shots, 0 on target, 0 clear cut ..

20 minutes into 2nd half ..

12 shots, 3 on target, 9 clear cut ... Opposition .. 4 shots, 4 on target, 0 clear cut .. Me 3 Oppo 4 .. (1 dodgy penalty, 3 30 yard screamers from 2 guys with a combined Long shots of 6 between them).

Ass man is still telling me "I have nothing to say at this time about our tactics" .. tactics are fine, you see ..

Ah, I must have chosen the team talk option : " .. well done lads, 3pts in the bag - last one down the pub gets the beers in .. " .. actually, no - it was the " .. don't let your performance drop .. " one .. so no problems there then ..

<sigh>

Anyway .. rant over .. :D

You were 3-0 up and you wasn't pleased with their performance?

Well the arrogance of some people on here has no limits .. just cos they get a little success they think others must be prodding and poking the mouse and keyboard with big thick monkey fingers ..

Some people just expect tactics to work and think the same one will work all the time. I am not saying you do but a lot do.

Nobody is arguing that come-backs happen .. The Arsenal-Tottenham game isn't a good example tho .. Spurs were always close to Arsenal and you can see that in the order of the goals scored .. Arsenal were never 3-0 up at half time and Spurs didn't pull 4 back in 20 minutes after the restart .. it was a local derby, spurs had went to 2-3 and quickly gave another goal away and so just threw men forward in the last 5 mins .. And it ended 4-4

Its not about expecting tactics to work all the time .. its NOT expecting the other team to turn into Brazil all of a sudden ..

Lets reverse the scenario :

Have you ever been bottom of the table, 0-3 down at half-time away from home against a team near the top of the league and after 20 minutes in the 2nd half - find yourself 4-3 up?

Ok .. nobody has to answer .. you don't need to.

I'm with Thunder on this. It's the arrogance of some people that's annoying. Some of us don't have time to sit on here for 20 hours a day reading the tactics forum, regardless of how insightful it is. FM is awesome, but some people are unwilling to accept it has its faults, and any criticism the game gets some people just immediately just lash out at the poster with the old tactics rubbish.

I am considering not using team talks at all. I don't really understand the effect they have, it feels like I'm taking a gamble when I choose one from the list

Does anyone else completely ignore them, and if so have you still been successful?

I remember someone on the forum saying: get an assistant who has good motivation skills and let him do the team talks and it gets the results. I have never tried it myself, though.

also sometimes freak luck has an effect. considering it is a game of mathematics and numbers behind the scenes there is always a chance the numbers go agasint u even if the odds are in highly in ur favour. just like in real life the lottery usually every week 1 person wins the odds are something like 1-14million but there is still that 1 person who gets it........(lucky bugga!)

Archived