I'm playing him as an AMC alongside Anderson, the two of them are tearing the league apart with Ronaldo and Nani bombing down the flanks and Carrick/Hargreaves/Kuzmanovic sitting in the MC role. Berbagod just stands about up front being skilful and letting everyone else play around him.

To me, this is the best use of United's attacking resources (I sold Tevez after Real came knocking with 25M) and the kind of thing Sir Alex is aiming for eventually.

I'm playing him as an AMC alongside Anderson, the two of them are tearing the league apart with Ronaldo and Nani bombing down the flanks and Carrick/Hargreaves/Kuzmanovic sitting in the MC role. Berbagod just stands about up front being skilful and letting everyone else play around him.

To me, this is the best use of United's attacking resources (I sold Tevez after Real came knocking with 25M) and the kind of thing Sir Alex is aiming for eventually.

What position are you in the league and how often are you scoring? If your tactic is good, can you show some team screenshots of fixtures and upload the tactic?

i have had the same problem

after the first 7 prem games he had scored 1 goal which was in about the first match

it was after he scored a hattrick in an international that he began playing well

i too have sold teves to real and then what does berba do he gets himself injured for 3 months

so i was left with ronaldo injured, a not scoring rooney and arshavin who isnt a proper striker and doesnt speak english

also i have been unable to get any formation to do well except 4-4-2 so i have struggled to score goals

What position are you in the league and how often are you scoring? If your tactic is good, can you show some team screenshots of fixtures and upload the tactic?

Restarted yesterday to take advantage of Nick's (Man Utd Researcher) unofficial updates for Rafael, Fabio and Possebon, so I'm actually not that far into the game having spent quite a bit of time sorting out training (stupid youth coaches).

So far I'm comfortably top of the league after 11 games, 10 wins (including 3-1 at Anfield) and 1 draw (against Chelsea at the Bridge). 27 goals scored, 2 conceded.

How would I go about uploading a tactic?

Restarted yesterday to take advantage of Nick's (Man Utd Researcher) unofficial updates for Rafael, Fabio and Possebon, so I'm actually not that far into the game having spent quite a bit of time sorting out training (stupid youth coaches).

So far I'm comfortably top of the league after 11 games, 10 wins (including 3-1 at Anfield) and 1 draw (against Chelsea at the Bridge). 27 goals scored, 2 conceded.

How would I go about uploading a tactic?

Well, if you can locate the tactic. Possibly in = \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tactics

You will know what you called it last, but the only thing I am unsure about is uploading the thing.

SOMEONE HELP THIS GUY UPLOAD IS GODLIKE TACTIC!!

Also what reputation did you have for your manager at the beginning? On Automatic or change it to professional etc.?

A few cracks are starting to show around Christmas time, having to rotate the squad a bit due to fixture congestion and I dropped out of the League Cup to Portsmouth on penalties, plus slipped to my first defeat of the season (again City, unfortunately). Still holding around a 7-point lead over Arsenal, and Rooney's still my top scorer, ahead of Berbatov, Ronaldo and Anderson in that order.

I know where the tactic is located in my computer, just struggling to upload it somewhere. Megaupload isn't working for me (possibly thanks to Uni firewall or some such nonsense?) but I'm busy right now finding an alternative. Will let you know once one is sorted.

Btw, I started as an international footballer to avoid having the fans on my back from day one. I like how you finally get given caps/goals in 09, much better than previous games.

edit: try http://www.filefactory.com/file/f0de70/n/4-3-2-1_Seb_Man_Utd_Dec_2008_tac">4-3-2-1 Seb (Man Utd, Dec 2008).tac for size.

I havent seen what he looks like in game but based on what he is like on real life then the best way to play him if your playing him as a Striker would be to have him drop deep and try and put through through balls for the wingers and the other striker. This is because Rooney is quite strong and skillful and could hold up the ball effectively and is also a good passer of the ball and has the creativty and desicion making ability to put through top notch balls, plus in this role he could then make late runs into the box and get some goals that way. As how to set this up: Fwd Runs mixed, Run with balls Rarely/mixed, Long shots Mixed/often, Through balls Often, Crossing rarely, hold up ball, free role, mentality settings bellow both Wingers and Strike partner. Something like that should see Rooney got a decent amount of Assists and a few goals too.

Archived