2D match "flickers" - game or laptop?!

I am finding the 2D match (original version) is flickering very badly and making for disjointed viewing - much worse than FM2008. The game itself also seems relatively slow (takes over 45 seconds to prepare for match). Is anyone else experiencing this? My laptop is 5 years old but reasonably powerful and (I think) meets minimum criteria to run game. Any help would be much appreciated as I cannot play it like this so frustrated!

I am finding the 2D match (original version) is flickering very badly and making for disjointed viewing - much worse than FM2008. The game itself also seems relatively slow (takes over 45 seconds to prepare for match). Is anyone else experiencing this? My laptop is 5 years old but reasonably powerful and (I think) meets minimum criteria to run game. Any help would be much appreciated as I cannot play it like this so frustrated!

Go to Start >> Run.

And type in dxdiag.

Then go to the display tab, and tell me your graphics card info (on the left hand side).

It says:

ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 SERIES from ATI Technologies Inc with 128mb

Looks like I may need to upgrade as reading manual suggests "Radeon 9800 or greater".

Do you agree?

How can I upgrade this?

Thanks for your help.

Archived