No new unlockables?

:oThese could of made a bigger "change" in from 08. adding new ones gives a new edge to the game. little dissapointed that weve been give the same old ones. The game just feels like im playin 08 with a season update theres just not enough change.

Im sticking with it out of respect for the series but 2010 need a big overhall imo.

I dont expect anyone to agree or disagree this is my opinion im just giving my own personal feedback as im sure the SI team want to hear where they can improve on a newer version.

So you don't think that a new skin, 2d pitch, changable leagues, is a big overhaul from 08?

Seriously. i know it's your opininion, and your entitled to it, but tbh, it's comes off as a bit ungrateful imo.

The SI guys have already said that they won't put a new unlockable in unless it fits with the game, it's not easy thinking of plausible ways to add them in.

I think they've made a big step from 08 and i'm sure most people will agree with me.

So you don't think that a new skin, 2d pitch, changable leagues, is a big overhaul from 08?

Seriously. i know it's your opininion, and your entitled to it, but tbh, it's comes off as a bit ungrateful imo.

The SI guys have already said that they won't put a new unlockable in unless it fits with the game, it's not easy thinking of plausible ways to add them in.

I think they've made a big step from 08 and i'm sure most people will agree with me.

For one theres been a new skin in every version so far, therefore that was expected as mandatory. Secondly how many people have complained about the 2d pitch so far? exactly.

I admit the changeable leagues is legendary and i love the game for this but this alone.

Ive been with FMH since the start so im not whatsoever ungrateful as the games as gave me years of fun I just think more could have been done as people where giving ideas to what should be involved in 09 days after 08 was released.

I was registered along time ago here along with riddley and co under the name of avantimarina and then again as stcisse so i have seen this game evolve and evolve, this year i feel it hasnt evolved enough.

To answer crickies question about what unlockables i would like to see, i noticed under the player positions tab u can highlight the position to the right and the x button is unavailable to press, a retrain position unlockable would be perfect here.

All in all, i love the game as i always have done im just indicating that just one unlockable could of made this game a whole lot more new.

Kea7ne

I can see what your saying and i've also had all the FMH's.

I think that the step up from 08-09 has been much bigger than 07-08.

In 08 you did get a new unlockable, no work permits, which was good, however the rest of it was more a revamped 07, a few less bugs and a new skin.

In this version though it's changed a lot, and i don't think having the same unlockables is that much of a dissapointment.

You say a retrain position unlockable would be good, and it probably would, but how do you go about unlocking it? Playing a defender upfront for a season, or a winger in goal?

Maybe putting a forward on defensive training? But then the player becomes unhappy with his training regime and it would never happen in real life.

It would just seem a bit unrealistic, thats what Marc and co have always said, unless you can have a plausible way of unlocking it, it would take away from the realism of the game.

You say a retrain position unlockable would be good, and it probably would, but how do you go about unlocking it? Playing a defender upfront for a season, or a winger in goal?

Maybe putting a forward on defensive training? But then the player becomes unhappy with his training regime and it would never happen in real life.

It would just seem a bit unrealistic, thats what Marc and co have always said, unless you can have a plausible way of unlocking it, it would take away from the realism of the game.

There are many ways you can include it into the game without actually effecting the realism and the experience. For example heres a few:

Contain a healhy morale good or above on 10 or more players <showing you are good with your players (interaction wise) meaning retraining them is plausable as you are an experience manger

Show an certain amount of increase in player training / positive player reports < showing your "backroom staff" are doing the job <again making retrain position plausable.

Its all just working off ideas maybe my ideas arent actually managable but maybe marc or the team could take an idea from that and work off of it.

As a matter of fact if it cant be done as an unlockable then why not just put it in the game?

Kea7ne

No i do agree with what your saying, it is kind of exciting wondering what the new unlockable is!

And i think they should add in the retrain option, as well as better scouting, more realistic player transactions eg Theo Walcott wouldn't sign for Brentford or someone like that.

On the Pc version players just say they don't think the clubs prestigious enough, which is more realistic imo.

I could go on, but that's a rant for the FMH10 suggestions thread :D

:thup:

• SI Staff

Thats actually given me a possible idea for a future version (not quite what you've said but ...).

The only reason we didn't put any new ones in this version is simply we didn't come up with any which were 'sane' to implement (I have some wonderful ideas which would take a few years to implement ;) ) and so rather that 'force' something which didn't feel right we didn't put any in.

As always feel free to suggest posibilities .... we're always open to suggestions.

im happy with 09

yea sure no new unlockables have been added, but be happy that there still is unlockables :D

and imo there has been a huge effort by SI to make this game different to 08, and with all the little things (and big things) put together, there is a good difference. it feels like a new, fresh game to me :thup:

im happy with 09

yea sure no new unlockables have been added, but be happy that there still is unlockables :D

and imo there has been a huge effort by SI to make this game different to 08, and with all the little things (and big things) put together, there is a good difference. it feels like a new, fresh game to me :thup:

good:thup:

im happy with 09

I agree. The new 2d pitch (which has its flaws) is a BIG leap. The whole game feels much improved and not just "another update". I have never managed to unlock all updates anyway. I usually am only able to unlock a max of 3 updates.

Unlocking player picture options would be a good one.Stadium upgrades option to increase capacity (for higher gate receipts etc).

Thats actually given me a possible idea for a future version (not quite what you've said but ...).

The only reason we didn't put any new ones in this version is simply we didn't come up with any which were 'sane' to implement (I have some wonderful ideas which would take a few years to implement ;) ) and so rather that 'force' something which didn't feel right we didn't put any in.

As always feel free to suggest posibilities .... we're always open to suggestions.

Now then Mr Vaughan in the new unlockables for 09 thread you said that you liked one or two of our ides if IIRC and were considering them

Archived