How do you install Fm09?

I am going to go at 2:00 to buy football manager 2009. When i put it in the disc player. Do i just need to install it then play it.

Should i download the patch from the fm website then it shall be fine to play.

You install it , when the activation things come up you have can either activate it on the internet or via phone....if you run into any problems there are a lot of threads with information and help alot are just stickied above ontop of this forum. Yes you can just download the patch from this website then install the patch obviously after the game is initially installed.

Good luck :)

bought the disc.

installed the game.

use the activate online option.

enter code.

code failed.

use the forum link to check the code.

got the correct code (code was correct but i confused "1" and "i" and entered the wrong code).

enter the correct code.

working fine since

bought the disc.

installed the game.

use the activate online option.

enter code.

code failed.

use the forum link to check the code.

got the correct code (code was correct but i confused "1" and "i" and entered the wrong code).

enter the correct code.

working fine since

Follow Andys lead :D

If you do not have the internet you will have to dial a phone number to activate that way. I dont know as i did not buy a retail copy i got mine via digital download but i would imagine the phone number will be somewhere in the manual aswell.

I'm unsure if i've installed mine correctly!

my mate brought his game yesterday even though id told him about the 6 to 7 hours it had taken me to finally get onto it.

He doesnt have the internet, he put his disc in clicked install and then it told him to enter his code and he was playing within 10mins and he didnt have to phone up or use the ridicolous programme that is steam!

I put my disc in and have broadband so my internets always connected, it said install via steam or the other one and i clicked steam had no problems with the code it then downloaded steam and downloaded the game via that and i have to open steam to launch the game as no shortcut was created and i cant find one in any of the programme files on my comp.

have i dne this correctly or not.if i uninstalled it and tried again but unplugged my internet would i be able to do the same as my mate?

Im scared to uninstall if its going to take 7 hours again as my patience was tested the other day and if i had to do that all again i think id end up shelving it and going bck to 08.

also i cant watch games in the 3d mode is this down to my graphics card or faulty installation.

I'm unsure if i've installed mine correctly!

my mate brought his game yesterday even though id told him about the 6 to 7 hours it had taken me to finally get onto it.

He doesnt have the internet, he put his disc in clicked install and then it told him to enter his code and he was playing within 10mins and he didnt have to phone up or use the ridicolous programme that is steam!

I put my disc in and have broadband so my internets always connected, it said install via steam or the other one and i clicked steam had no problems with the code it then downloaded steam and downloaded the game via that and i have to open steam to launch the game as no shortcut was created and i cant find one in any of the programme files on my comp.

have i dne this correctly or not.if i uninstalled it and tried again but unplugged my internet would i be able to do the same as my mate?

Im scared to uninstall if its going to take 7 hours again as my patience was tested the other day and if i had to do that all again i think id end up shelving it and going bck to 08.

also i cant watch games in the 3d mode is this down to my graphics card or faulty installation.

Just go to the directory that FM is installed in (by default in XP it's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps) and right click on the FM exe and make a shortcut. Drag that to your desktop and you're sorted.

The lack of 3D will be down to your graphics card. Have you installed the patch?

You can make a shortcut. The game file is in the directory steam/steamapps/footballmanager2009/

3-D view works only on computers with a good 3-D graphic card.

Stop being so helpful so quickly ffs! ;)

I'd argue that it doesn't need a good card. Just a semi-decent one.

Now i've created the shortcut from that folder i cant play the game!

get error fm.exe

'the procedure entry point symgetlinefromaddrw64 could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.ddl'

why they cant just release a disc that u pop in and play is beyond me!not worth this much hassle at all!

anyone thinking of gettin this for xmas DONT!it will ruin your day trust me

Archived