My players are absolutely knackered - advice?

I have a huge problem with my players' condition. After 60 minutes most of them are on 75% or less. On older versions I always subbed players when they neared 70% but to do that on 09 I'd have to be allowed 7-8 substitutions per game.

It means I get a lot of injuries and also concede a lot in the last 10 minutes when all my players are on 55-60%.

This also feeds another problem which is that most of the players will be on less than 90% for the next game forcing me to make too many changes so my team never really settles.

Am I doing something wrong or is fm09 just different when it comes to condition?

I'm playing with Liverpool by the way so most of my players have really good stamina and natural fitness.

Any ideas?

My players with poor stamina/natural fitness tend to get low fitness towards the end of games but never that low. Is your training schedule to heavy? Are you playing a high tempo to often? Are all your players closing down to often?

SI decided not to use the perfectly set up patched settings from the final version of FM 08, for some inexplicable reason. This means we will have to endure several months of this yet again until they finally patch some alterations to it. They've already changed it once because it was even worse in the demo version but this time it is compounded by the fact that the board is coming down heavy on extra coaches in this version rather than allowing +2 to their recommended total of coaches as in previous versions. If you play at Blue Square North/South level you can only have one coach this version meaning no fitness coach and no GK coach (previous years of FM you could at least get yourself a fitness GK and general coach which helped with player's conditioning)

My training is on medium workload so I don't think that's the problem.

I play a basic 4-4-2 with a quick tempo and closing down own half... I have a pretty attacking mentality though so maybe it's all the forward runs that tire the players? I'll also have a look at the individual settings, especially the closing down.

Thanks, mate.

I forgot to ask, are you playing the patched version? (9.1) - because it tones down injury/fitness problems.

No, I'm one of the unfortunate mac users who will have to wait.

Hopefully the patch will help because seeing Gerrard and Mascherano getting overrun by Salif Diao because they can hardly walk after 60 minutes is getting on my nerves. ;)

Archived