signing players on frees in january

I have a problem with all FMH's, when I release a player, I never have to pay the money back and now I put in free bids for Baxter and Brandy and it said they were coming for like say £250k and £475k but when Baxter came I had no money and Brandy came and I didn't have to pay, surely it wouldn't have gone through and I also didnt have enough money for Baxter but he came :confused??!!!

I have a problem with all FMH's, when I release a player, I never have to pay the money back and now I put in free bids for Baxter and Brandy and it said they were coming for like say £250k and £475k but when Baxter came I had no money and Brandy came and I didn't have to pay, surely it wouldn't have gone through and I also didnt have enough money for Baxter but he came :confused??!!!

sorry didnt really get that

Basically, I had say about £60k (Estimate) and I put in free bids for Brandy & Baxter as their contracts were expiring, but on my future transfers page, it said Baxter was coming for say £200k and Brandy for say £475k. When Baxter came, I had no money left as I only had £60k and he was £200k so surely he shouldn't have come??? Then Brandy came as well and I still had no money??? Next season I had no money?? :confused:

thats because youve paid the fee for their training etc to their old clubs, it was a new rule brught out to stop all players under the age of 24 IIRC being stolen for free by the big clubs, its a sort of compensation fee

You would have no money as this would have been taken out of your budget in the following season when their contracts had expired.

Does that make sense?

I don't get this really, in my St Johnstone game I have never had any money available for transfers and yet I was able to buy players who's contracts were expiring, Brandy was one and I get that he is from abroad so the fee wouldnt count but i also signed 2 players from celtic who I was to pay 80k each for, when the contracts expired I was able to bring them in for free. This seems to me like a bug or exploitable issue and not a great new feature.

I have never had any money avaliable to spend and now in my money spent on transfers on my profile it says I have spent 1.1million which would be the total of the fees I was supposed to pay for Brandy and the 2 celtic players.

My financial position is still extremely secure and it hasnt changed even though I have spent 1 million over what my budget was.

Archived