The Official Who's Happy With FM2009 Thread

I have almost finished my first season with Arsenal now and I am quite happy.

Activation:

I had no problems at all with the activation - just inserted the key and activated it online.

The game:

At first the injury bug was getting frustrating but the 9.01 seems to have reduced the amount of injuries.

When playing the demo I was not very satisfied with the 3D view but I like it more now. There are some fine moves once in a while that 2D can not express.

However, obviously there is room for improvements:

1) Players stand still when having the ball.

Often they stand still for seconds before passing the ball. This should be more dynamic.

2) Too many long shots from a way to far distance.

I know that you can instruct your players to do long shots often. But still they shoot from a very long distance. The weird thing is that the shots in most cases have an extremely high and unrealistic speed (often they are standing still when shooting and from a 30m distance). This is also reflected in the parry from the GK - the GK saves the shot and the ball is almost out of stadium due to the speed. Something should be adjusted here. The speed of the ball should be reduced and the ratio of which the GK actually holds the ball from a long shot (instead of parrying it to corner) should be increased.

The press conferences is a good idea. However, im not using it much. I use to send my AM instead.

I think you have to go through too many screens before playing a match. And I dont find the information useful in all matches. So it quickly develops to a click-on-the-continue-button-hell and then finally click play.

I like the game indeed. The activation process is not the SI responsibility but they should have to be sure about their contractors' work. That was a pain in the ass. The first impressions are great but I need a couple days gameplaying to access the deep side :)

I love it! had my game arrive on Friday, took an hour to activate (not bad then!) And im hooked! much better than previous games. LOVE the 3d, love the press conferences. Patch worked fine but it seems I can sign ANY south american player without there being any work permit issues

I know that you can instruct your players to do long shots often. But still they shoot from a very long distance. The weird thing is that the shots in most cases have an extremely high and unrealistic speed (often they are standing still when shooting and from a 30m distance). This is also reflected in the parry from the GK - the GK saves the shot and the ball is almost out of stadium due to the speed. Something should be adjusted here. The speed of the ball should be reduced and the ratio of which the GK actually holds the ball from a long shot (instead of parrying it to corner) should be increased.

I'd agree with that - other than that the match engine is fantastic. You can see your little adjustments unfold in front of you, I really like it, and that's in 2D mode.

Very good game, marred only by the activation troubles. Makes it feel even better when you do finally get it going though!

Not been this addicted in years.

Also, as a MAC user I haven't been able to install the patch yet, but it hasn't really bothered me. Injuries were quite bad in pre-season, but once everyone was up to fitness and I could get my rotation policy off the ground the game has been perfect.

Very very happy with it. It's a definite 9/10 game after the patch, just a few little niggles left but nothing that bothers me very much

I missed out on many months of playing FM because I disliked 08. I can see myself playing 09 for at least the next 12 months though so it's definitely money well spent

I have almost finished my first season with Arsenal now and I am quite happy.

Activation:

I had no problems at all with the activation - just inserted the key and activated it online.

The game:

At first the injury bug was getting frustrating but the 9.01 seems to have reduced the amount of injuries.

When playing the demo I was not very satisfied with the 3D view but I like it more now. There are some fine moves once in a while that 2D can not express.

However, obviously there is room for improvements:

1) Players stand still when having the ball.

Often they stand still for seconds before passing the ball. This should be more dynamic.

The press conferences is a good idea. However, im not using it much. I use to send my AM instead.

I think you have to go through too many screens before playing a match. And I dont find the information useful in all matches. So it quickly develops to a click-on-the-continue-button-hell and then finally click play.

I think the long shots thing is actually a possible improvement needed to the 3d engine. It does appear that plenty of shots go in from outside the six yard box - but at least half of them aren't actually long shots - if that makes any sense at all?

Anyway, this is the best version since.... god knows when! The most fun i've had with FM since the last Sports Interactive Championship Manager, whichever version that was. The 3d makes it so much more fun!

Love it, We have came along way since the first championship manager way back.I understand that there are some people who aint too happy with the 3D however i feel it is a great addition and in time (much like the first 2d) it will be improved.It is by far the best management game around and i feel always will be as championship manager is totally inferior.Anyway i am wasting serious management time right now so of i go to get Rangers into the premiership with my new fat, free signing Ronaldo(injured already) banging in the goals.Cheers S.I

I'll be very happy when it's delivered to me, seeing as I had no problems running the demo and the activation servers won't be as overloaded on monday, hopefully. ******** swedish mail, it should have been delivered here friday...

I take back what i said! it's just broken... black loading screen, can't fix it, whatever i install, the patch won't install again after i've uninstalled it. Then it won't start because of saAuditMD not being found, which i fixed once by uninstalling it. This is utter crap, i expect some kind of refund for this! it's a broken game and shouldn't have been released. Having spent a total of £30 of hard earned money I would expect something with at least some quality. It still beats other management games when broken, but after all the fuss they made about it, I anticipated a good game that works so that i can enjoy this weekend!

love this game, ive had problems with the activation like most other people but once i've got into the game i can not fault it. i wont use the 3d match engine it doesnt appeal to me but all the little things theyve put in are good enough for me, love the assistant manager recommending loan players and i love the new rating system and i like the fact clubs tell you how much it will cost to loan a player now instead of guessing for 3 weeks

Loving it.

The best thing I can say is this game actually makes me feel like a proper football manager. How's that for a compliment!

The patch works great, I have all the logos installed so it looks official in every league, and playing 25 leagues on a large database no problems. Started in the lower leagues, played 8 games and still unbeaten - even came from 2-nil down with 20mins to go in one match to draw.

The only thing I don't personally like is the 3D, so I just stick to 2d classic, not an issue.

The next 12 months are going to fly by! :D

I don't have 3D yet, (Mac user with Macbook with Intel GMA) but I'm 3rd in the SPL with Dundee Utd and enjoying the gameplay.

The layout and attention to stats is a little smoother, with more statistical options available than previous releases. Pleased with that.

I actually like the 2D engine better than the last. Defending seems a little more intuitive which is another good addition. Less shots on target too, which I always thought had an unrealistic amount in a game.

Overall, once past the problems, the game is good!

Archived