Will FM 09 work on my laptop with no net conn.

Im having trouble with FM 09 on my main desktop but have tryed to use it on my dad's laptop, however it has no internet connection on it, (as he uses it to write reports). It will install very quickly but for the activetion key thing, it says phone or internet !

Anyway round this

I posted something similar before it was ripped down its an absolute farce because if you activate through steam i found that the only way you could start or run the game was only if steam was connected to the internet (no mention or warning of this) there may be a solution to this but i'm not sure so i took my game back to hmv where i bought it got a new one and activated by the other method, have to install the patch though but real class game apart from activation nonsense.

You don´t need to be connected to the internet to play the game after activation. When you make a shortcut from the fm.exe file you don't need to start steam anymore. Connection to steam is only necessary for activation.

I posted something similar before it was ripped down its an absolute farce because if you activate through steam i found that the only way you could start or run the game was only if steam was connected to the internet (no mention or warning of this) there may be a solution to this but i'm not sure so i took my game back to hmv where i bought it got a new one and activated by the other method, have to install the patch though but real class game apart from activation nonsense.

Just wondering. Why did you bring the game back? :confused:

• 1 month later...

Archived