Will it be like this every year?

Ok so I love this game and I think you guys do a great job in producing it and trying to make it better each year. But I am getting a little perturbed at the launch day issues. This is the 3rd year straight that I have set aside a day to myself to play FM on its launch day, gone to the shops, bought it, got home, installed it, went to run it and it doesnt work.

Now I appreciate the piracy issue you have had and the attempt to counteract this with the steam link up but I feel, and certainly it seems so do a lot of guys on here, that you have somewhat alienated the people who actually pay for the game, again.

I have had the game since Friday morning and still cant get it to work, have spent 5 hours downloading patches and fixes and now my PC is saying the game isnt even installed.

To draw an analogy here, it's like opening your Christmas presents and then being told you cant play with them until New Years day...:thdn:

The stickies at the top of the forum have helped a lot of people. I've not tried installing mine as I've got a busy weekend in real life. Am hoping all the problems I might encounter have been sorted by the time I come to do so. They helped me get the demo working so am sure there will be a solution for you too.

As for "next year" many of us are hoping SI have seen the light regarding DRM. It inconveniences no one except paying customers. A simple keycode is sufficient. Pirated versions of the game were out there fully cracked within 24 hours. From what I've read the only problem with them is that you can't go on holiday. Am wondering if SI put these out there so when people come on the forums complaining about certain issues they know who pirated them.

I can only pass on my personal experience, bought the game yesterday, authenticated through the non-steam option (unicol, unicode or something like that), took a couple of minutes but done without problems.

My only customer service complaint is that most of the mirrors for the patch were down and the one that did work was such a slow rate it took an hour and a half. That also patched fine. Hopefully now FML has an auto-patcher, this will be introduced at some point for FM.

Oh yes, and Game gave me a pack of FM Top Trumps for free :p

fancy a game? but i only have the fast car ones! lol! Anyway, on topic, i know its not been ideal for people with the release and stuff, but i cant help thinking it gets whipped up into a frenzy via these forums! Like someone posts and then others jump on the bandwagon so it ends up like a runaway train of angry people winding each other up

fancy a game? but i only have the fast car ones! lol! Anyway, on topic, i know its not been ideal for people with the release and stuff, but i cant help thinking it gets whipped up into a frenzy via these forums! Like someone posts and then others jump on the bandwagon so it ends up like a runaway train of angry people winding each other up

It took me 3 hours to authenticate my game thanks to the DRM. I needed no help being whipped into a frenzy. I was a little peeved to say the least.

If next years FM has DRM like this one I for one will not be purchasing it.

Ok so I love this game and I think you guys do a great job in producing it and trying to make it better each year. But I am getting a little perturbed at the launch day issues. This is the 3rd year straight that I have set aside a day to myself to play FM on its launch day, gone to the shops, bought it, got home, installed it, went to run it and it doesnt work.

Insanity means repeating the same pattern again and again but expecting different results ....

Seriously as SI push the boundaries every year I kind of expect the first week to be a bit crazy.

Archived