Great Game

I want to just like to give SI a big kudos with this years edition. I've played this game for as long as I can remember back when the action was strictly text-based. Sure its 2008 but the game has made great strides in this area over the years. I think the 3d views are amazing to be honest. I like it so much that I actually manage my friendlies now. Sure it could be better but this is a very promising start. Knowing Si's reputation over the years, I have faith that they will tighten this area up even more. There's no way I'd ever go back to 2d. I said the same thing when 2d replaced the text version. I've taken up the habit of biting my nails while in a close game with a big rival! Good job SI.

The injuries that I have experienced to this point are very realistic. It seems easier to get rid of unwanted players as well. I loved the fact the if a player entered the game after the 80th minute, his average wouldn't count against him for the balance of the match. The game is slick, stable and responsive. Offsides (every time I score) also seem to be down which is good. Most of my tactical instructions are reflected as I would expect with a few minor exceptions. My goalkeeper had 5 assists in 12 games by kicking the ball directly to my target man who received the ball behind the defenders and scored. To negate this I asked my keeper to throw the ball out but he never did.

My laptop is not the latest and greatest but I'm a little disappointed that I can no longer play in windowed mode because its way too sluggish on my system. But I would rather take the 3d in full-screen mode any day. From what I've noticed it seems yellow and red cards are harder to come by and may need to be ramped up a little? The media does get boring after a little while but you are sometimes rewarded if a player agrees with your responses. For this reason alone I do attend most of the press conferences. I think adding the fans in the stands will be very welcomed. I already drool at the thought of having the actual stadiums and dimensions in the 3d views! Maybe its a few years away but again, SI have done a terrific job considering this is their first attempt.

Aside with all the issues of registering this master-piece, this is a deep & engrossing football mgmt game. After a few more patches, I have no doubt that this will go down as the best installment in the series! I gotta get back to the action!

Archived