All the complex programming that goes into FM 09 and this still happens...

I know its cosmetic, but it bugs the hell out of me and makes the whole thing look very unprofessional and unrealistic. Also its been happening in every single game since forever so why haven't the supposed football fans at SI fixed it yet?

MY quib?

At half time i sub Player X with Player Y, so when the game restarts why does the commentary always say something along the lines of "Player X comes off the pitch for Player Y". Everyone knows players who are substituted at half time don't go on the pitch to only come back off again.

COME ON... you could probably fix the issue with a few simple lines of code.

I know it's petty :D

But its been getting on my nerves for like the last 5 editions and its slowly, gradually but infinitely been building up to the point where i'm gonna throw my laptop at the wall one of these days. This edition randomly crashing hasn't helped either.

At half time i sub Player X with Player Y, so when the game restarts why does the commentary always say something along the lines of "Player X comes off the pitch for Player Y". Everyone knows players who are substituted at half time don't go on the pitch to only come back off again.

Lol - that really bugs me as well!

I know its cosmetic, but it bugs the hell out of me and makes the whole thing look very unprofessional and unrealistic. Also its been happening in every single game since forever so why haven't the supposed football fans at SI fixed it yet?

MY quib?

COME ON... you could probably fix the issue with a few simple lines of code.

I know it's petty :D

But its been getting on my nerves for like the last 5 editions and its slowly, gradually but infinitely been building up to the point where i'm gonna throw my laptop at the wall one of these days. This edition randomly crashing hasn't helped either.

nothing wrong with that anyway. Commentators do that on TV so the fans watching at home know what is going on with the game.

Agreed.

Thing is, there are absolutely loads of these kind of things throughout the game. It's so, so sloppy and many people have mentioned these issues since as far back as I can remember. I'm sure they've been on some 'To Do' list lost down the back of a desk for years.

SI must know about them, it'd only take a few plays to spot a ton of fix requirements.

How about subs sliding up and down their dugouts? (No walking anim)

How about sometimes having to wait an eternity before injured players are removed from the field? (when watching highlights)

How about the bad sorting of the dugout supports? (the feet holding the bench up)

How about the gap between the pitch grass and stadium grass polygons?

How about double reports from scouts?

How about players running on the spot as the match engine updates with new changes?

How about the 3D view sometimes not working, having to click to TV view and see the display screw up?

I could go on all night :D

It's a quality game that has me entertained, I'm loving it - but SI, for the love of good games... please up the quality of your titles, they have so many rough areas and bugs :( It looks unprofessional. Only FM fans turn a blind eye.

Is there anyone with the dev team who is responsible for game quality? It just smacks of the whole team implementing their areas with no time to step back and take a review pass.

Possibly yes, and thats my view which others may not/do not share. I was a bit harsh in my post here though and more thoughtful in the other thread I started about upping the quality of initial releases.

There is no doubt its an entertaining game though, easily lost within its charms for hours on end.

Archived