Kick the ball into touch!! Kick it!!

One of my players is tackled and goes down and stays down injured. The opposition then play 3 or 4 passes and score. The player is still injured.

Unsporting?

Nothing was reflected in the commentary or 3D. Would be a nice feature for the game to pick up on moments like this, which can not only lead to players harassing the ref in protest, but also a post-match angry moment were I condemn the ref and the opposing manager.

One of my players is tackled and goes down and stays down injured. The opposition then play 3 or 4 passes and score. The player is still injured.

Unsporting?

Nothing was reflected in the commentary or 3D. Would be a nice feature for the game to pick up on moments like this, which can not only lead to players harassing the ref in protest, but also a post-match angry moment were I condemn the ref and the opposing manager.

Actually, players have been instructed to play on, as many cases of players going down were considered to be a deliberate way of stopping a potentially dangerous attacking move. The correct procedure in such instances is for the ref to blow and resume the game with a drop ball, which can then be punted back to the opposition.

Actually, players have been instructed to play on, as many cases of players going down were considered to be a deliberate way of stopping a potentially dangerous attacking move. The correct procedure in such instances is for the ref to blow and resume the game with a drop ball, which can then be punted back to the opposition.

The rules in the Premier League are that if the player has a serious injury (ie, to his head or if he has a bone sticking out of his shin) the ref should stop the game. Otherwise you have to wait until the game stops naturally. A few times you'll see players kicking the ball out if he deems the injury worse than the ref thinks.

It's realistic IMO.

So obviously the ref doesn't consider the injury to be bad enough and waits for a natural break in play.

so have you seen a match in real life where the play continues for minutes with both teams going up and down the field and the player just laying there.

with the referee not blowing for a stoppage but also both teams not kicking the ball out of play?

so have you seen a match in real life where the play continues for minutes with both teams going up and down the field and the player just laying there.

with the referee not blowing for a stoppage but also both teams not kicking the ball out of play?

Yes. It's a brave referee who does this, but these are the rules. It's like backpackant says, it's the ref's call. If he doesn't see a clash of heads or bones sticking out, he is under no obligation to stop the match. The fact that some players do it because they feel some sort of sportmanship is besides the point. They too are under no obligation. These are the rules nowadays. I'm not saying it is right, but I don't think it is a bug.

Difficult one this.

I take the view that too many players collapse in a heap and expect the game to stop.

If it's a bad injury, head etc then fine, but I think otherwise the game should continue until a natural break in play occurs.

I like the fact the game reflects the way it should be in real life.

Difficult one this.

I take the view that too many players collapse in a heap and expect the game to stop.

If it's a bad injury, head etc then fine, but I think otherwise the game should continue until a natural break in play occurs.

I like the fact the game reflects the way it should be in real life.

I prefer a game that reflects as it is in real life, not as it should be. There are a lot of thing that should be that don't happen in the game anyhow =).

I rarely see a match where at 0-0 30th minute neither side is sporting enough to kick the ball out if an injured player lies on the field. It's not a time or score where you play theater to win time...

Even IF the ref says play on I always see players kicking the ball out, or at least slow down the play to let players check the injured one.

Archived