Sorry for being an idiot but I can't install

I have bourght the game from the shops, not through steam, so why is the game telling me I must install through steam?

I thourght I would give steam a try to install it anyway but it doesn't work?

I'm really confused I just want to install the game with the disk I have just bourght the old fashioned way, can I not do this?

• Administrators

Okay no worries, I'll try and help. What happens when you insert the disc? You can install via disc, but you do need to 'Activate' the game.

The more details you give me the more I can help. Thanks.

Sorry, erm I inserted the disk and the installation process started normally, the game starts to install and then it says I must install using either Steam or another internet method (and phone). So I chose steam even though I've never used it before. Then the installation stops and a steam desktop icon appears. I click on that and it 'updates' and then an error comes up (sorry forgot what the error said)

• Administrators

Okay, click to install the game, get to the point where it says 'install via steam/other internet method etc), click the other internet method (Uniloc) and get back to me with what it says. I'll try and guide you through it.

• Administrators

Make sure you have the right code by checking here - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

What this will show is if you don't have some of the numbers or letters right such as nought, zero, I and 1.

Once you have the confirmed correct code this should be relatively straight forward

Archived