Epic Penalties (Demo)

Has anyone else had an epic penalty shot out like this? Never had this on any other FMs. Was playing as Exeter against Southend in Carling Cup, and lose 19-18 on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Not sure if this is meant to be SIs new take on realism or a bug? :D

Exetervsouthend.jpg

What about in real life when Ivory Coast played Cameroon in the African Nations Cup Quarter-Final... It was 1-1 and Ivory Coast won 12-11, everyone scored but Eto'o missed and Drogba scored the winning penalty.

A. The difference between 19-18 and 12-11 is the difference between 12-11 and 5-4.

5-4 Ordinary.

12-11 Absolutely extra-Ordinary.

19-18 (non real life) Absolutely ridiculous. Like throwing a coin and it coming up heads a 100 times in a row.

B. This is bloody Exeter versus Southend. Do you think their penalty taking attributes compare to teams of World Class players when we're taking about scoring one after another?

C. It's a known "feature". And penalties have been ****ed in this game as far back as I can remember.

Yeah.

Er not according to this bloke it ain't.

Who had ANOTHER "38 Penalties till a miss", and on 9.1.

SI really need to get their arse in gear fixing this (after they've already said they have). It really is quite ridiculous.

For those who say "SI can't get Regens or whatever fixed so it must be really hard" I point at penalties and say "PISH TOSH". They've been SO wrong and unrealistic for years. And how hard can it be to code "Goalkeepers who pick a direction and then dive BEFORE they know which way the ball is going."

Years of this is just not good enough.

Epic? ******** more like. It might be epic if it didn't take 37 penalties (including those by the worse PK takers in the team) to miss one.

That's just ridiculous.

Tell me this isn't with the 9.1 Patch (which Paul C said would fix it)?

This is in the demo, hence the (Demo) after the title!!

Archived