Can anyone please help me!!!

I'm really sorry if this has been said before but i'm getting really annoyed with all of this and i can't for the life of me find any solution anywhere....

I bought the game friday morning and haven't once had it installed,the furthest i've been was the activation code where it told me i wasn't connected to the internet,that lasted for a good 5 hours or so,i decided to uninstall and reinstall and since yesterday afternoon everytime i try to install right at the beginning on the install anywhere part it only loads upto 13% then disappears...

Now do i give in,take my game back and go back to the reliable FM08?

Or does anyone actually have a solution for me to try?

Thanks in advance if anyone can really help me out,i really would appreciate this :thup:

I had some problems similarish and I would recommend uninstalling the game, then searching on ya pc for any folders still left that the uninstall didn't get rid of and delete them too.

Then reinstall and hopefully may clear the errors

it took me around 4 hours of trying to get mine authenticated. First i tried with steam but steam took ages to download. I cancelled and went with other method and installed the game fully then couldn't get authenticated as it couldn't connect (or so it said).

I uninstalled via add/remove programs re installed using steam, steam update finally worked i authenticated it on steam installed the game then i thought i was good to go. I mean i already had it authenticated via steam.

Boy was i wrong, i had to go through another activating sequence but this one as stated lasted 4 hours where i was retrying every 10 mins or so. Eventually it 'just worked'. I was getting really frustrated as well.

it took me around 4 hours of trying to get mine authenticated. First i tried with steam but steam took ages to download. I cancelled and went with other method and installed the game fully then couldn't get authenticated as it couldn't connect (or so it said).

I uninstalled via add/remove programs re installed using steam, steam update finally worked i authenticated it on steam installed the game then i thought i was good to go. I mean i already had it authenticated via steam.

Boy was i wrong, i had to go through another activating sequence but this one as stated lasted 4 hours where i was retrying every 10 mins or so. Eventually it 'just worked'. I was getting really frustrated as well.

I understand what you mean mate,but i'm rapidly losing my hair and very soon my PC if i'm not careful lol

1. Go to My Computer

2. Then go to Tools->Folder Options

3. Click on the view tab at the top

4. Enable show hidden files and folders and confirm

(That is for XP, probably slightly different for Vista)

5. Now go to C:\Documents and Settings\COMPUTER NAME\Application Data\Sports Interactive and delete the Football Manager 2009 folder.

That is the hidden folder

For the registry entries go to Start->Run and type regedit and confirm.

Then find every reference of Football Manager 2009 in it and right click on it and delete.

Important Note: Incorrectly editing the registry can mess up your system so before doing this create a restore point first so that you can go back if you make a mistake. To create a restore point go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Then just go through the wizard.

Let me know how you get on.

Then find every reference of Football Manager 2009 in it and right click on it and delete.

Important Note: Incorrectly editing the registry can mess up your system so before doing this create a restore point first so that you can go back if you make a mistake. To create a restore point go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Then just go through the wizard.

I'll try this first before i fully give in,thanks mate

I did all that mate and all i could find was FM08 and not 09

• Administrators

Thunder, do the following:

Delete the cache and registry files as people have been saying above

How to delete your Cache files

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

How to Delete your Registry Files

Windows XP:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click "Run"

3. Type in "Regedit"

4. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

5. Go into the 'Software Folder'

6. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

7. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

8. Go into the 'Software Folder'

9. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Type in the search box "Regedit"

3. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

4. Go into the 'Software Folder'

5. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

6. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

7. Go into the 'Software Folder'

8. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Completely uninstall your game using the 'add/remove programs' in Control Manager

Then update your Java

How to Update your version of Java

1. Uninstall any version of Java you have first.

2. Visit this website: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

3. Find the correct version for your Operating system and download/install from here.

Then attempt to reinstall - if this does not work don't worry, we have other ways of getting this to work, just post back here. Thanks.

• Administrators

Right forget this, uninstall the entire game (to do this go to control panel and to add/remove programs), we'll get you to install via steam so you won't need the DVD, you'll just need the activation code on the back of the manual.

Once you've totally uninstalled it, download Steam via this link - http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Once you've done this get back to me and I'll talk you through it.

• Administrators

Delete all traces of Steam and FM and restart your computer, I would also suggest downloading and running CClenaer which can be downloaded from here - http://www.ccleaner.com/

Once that's done, restart again and again try and run and install Steam. This may take a while to do it all, but let me know how you get on. Thanks.

• Administrators

Right ignore what I just wrote if you saw it, if Steam partially installed uninstall it via the add/remove programs.

Apparently this error is caused by firewalls, so turn OFF your firewalls and try and install Steam - let me know how you get on. Thanks.

• Administrators

\o/ Woo hoo! Right now go into Steam and go to 'Games' (at the top next to file, view and help) and click activate a game on Steam.

Click this and get your activation code ready - check your activation code at this site - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Once you are certain it's right, paste it into the box and confirm. If it is correct you should be prompted to download the game.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Ok mate latest update.........

I finally have access to the game - you are an absolute legend and if i could i would buy you drinks all night lol

Just one quick question please - how do i launch the game through steam everytime i wanna play?

and do i need to be on the internet at the time?

• Administrators

WOOOO-HOOO! I'm really delighted for you.

Right, it should have auto-patched to 9.10 so you don't need to be connected to Steam or the Internet to play the game.

If you find you Steam folder (which is Program Files - Steam), go to 'Steam Apps' then your user name.

Inside there you should find a Sports Interactive folder, inside there will be the FM.exe which you can 'create a shortcut' by right clicking on it and dragging the shortcut to your desktop. The game will now run without Steam being open.

Any more issues just PM me or post here. Good luck and hopefully happy gaming! :D

Archived