FM 09 Editor

Hi Guys. I'm trying to edit some data in the editor, and when i click save it asks me for a filename so i give it a name. But how do I get my game to look into that file? In the help screen says you must give your edited data a different name which I obviously have done. Also is it possible to edit injuries, e.g remove an injury from a player? thanks

When you press NEW GAME on the menu screen it should bring up a pop up box, to which you can choose you saved data file (top one) If its not there its not saved properly. . .

ok, but how do i save properly? what should i call my file?

When you click new game in your game then you should get a box pop up from which you can select your database.

i do, but i don't have the option to view my edited database, only get the default option and 9.1.0 option. it's very strange

So that means that there is a problem then.

Go into game preferences and tell me what the user data path is.

C:/Documents and Settings/myname/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

i run my game through steam :confused:

Go to C:/Documents and Settings/yourname/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db. Is your database in there?

no, but i think i have got round the problem. i have copied the db to there and under new game i can now select the new db. do i have to start a new game, or can edited info be incorporated into my current game. also is it possible to remove an injury from a player? thanks

Yeah all database you create should be in that location so that they can be seen by the game. The reason it is saved somewhere else is probably down to a preference in the editor.

No, you need to create a new game to use that database.

When you say remove injuries do you mean pregame injuries or ingame ones?

Yeah all database you create should be in that location so that they can be seen by the game. The reason it is saved somewhere else is probably down to a preference in the editor.

No, you need to create a new game to use that database.

When you say remove injuries do you mean pregame injuries or ingame ones?

ingame ones. e.g. i have tevez out for 5 months, but want to reverse this so he can play in the next game (i'm not cheating, i have my reasons, the amount injuries are so unrealistic!!)

ingame ones. e.g. i have tevez out for 5 months, but want to reverse this so he can play in the next game (i'm not cheating, i have my reasons, the amount injuries are so unrealistic!!)

Don't worry. As I am of the opinion there is no "cheating" in a single player game. :)

At the moment it is only possible to do this in the demo as you need an ingame editor to do it and there is 1 for the demo but none for the full game yet.

There should be one or two in the next couple of days.

Don't worry. As I am of the opinion there is no "cheating" in a single player game. :)

At the moment it is only possible to do this in the demo as you need an ingame editor to do it and there is 1 for the demo but none for the full game yet.

There should be one or two in the next couple of days.

yeh i hve the RTME one for the demo. thanks for all your help mate :thup:

No problem :)

The creator said he will have FMRTE released soon for the full game. Then you can get rid of injuries.

i've just been reading his forum and he says he will have something for tomorrow (sunday), so hopefully when i wake up....... ;)

To find the editor go to start - computer - local disk - program files - stream - steamApps - common - football manager 2009 - tools - data editor - and its there under data editor.exe

im in that folder but i cant find the data editor, the only thing i have found that closely fits the bill is a data editor thats in the macOS folder (as im on windows Vista it doesnt work)

start - computer - local disk - program files - stream - steamApps - common - football manager 2009 - tools - data editor - data editor.app - contents

iv installed the game via steam, am i doing something obviously wrong?:(:confused:

To find the editor go to start - computer - local disk - program files - stream - steamApps - common - football manager 2009 - tools - data editor - and its there under data editor.exe

Thank you kind sir

This steam cr*p is new to me

found the editor...for some reason it didnt properly install 1st time...but i uninstalled then reinstalled and found it

start - computer - local disk - program files - stream - steamApps - common - football manager 2009 - tools - data editor (then in this folder data editor.exe is found)

hi i like to see if anybody can help me i trying to edit transfer e.g like i put nasir back at marsille and try to edit him coming to arsenal or hleb going to barcleona but i save it and goto the game he havent move so i check the editor and its not been saved why?????

NEED HELP

hi i like to see if anybody can help me i trying to edit transfer e.g like i put nasir back at marsille and try to edit him coming to arsenal or hleb going to barcleona but i save it and goto the game he havent move so i check the editor and its not been saved why?????

NEED HELP

Did you use future transfers as they do not work due to a bug.

Is this out yet? If so where can it be found?

Yeah, check the FMRTE thread. :thup:

found the editor...for some reason it didnt properly install 1st time...but i uninstalled then reinstalled and found it

start - computer - local disk - program files - stream - steamApps - common - football manager 2009 - tools - data editor (then in this folder data editor.exe is found)

How did u uninstall it?

• 3 months later...

hi guys .

i edited a team on the fm data editor and i put her in liga sagres (portugal) but when i start a new game with my new database portugal does NOT appear ....

What should i do? PLEASE HELP ME !!!! apreciate quick answer

Archived