Paging Spurs Managers

Has anyone managed to get Modric to learn any English yet? I'm a year in and he can't speak a word of it. He never learnt any in the demo either. I've brought brought loads of foreigners who've picked it up but he just refuses to do anything but speak slower and louder Croatian*.

Anyone?

VB

* Yes it's a jocular jab at the stereotypical English person, and not Croats.

Has anyone managed to get Modric to learn any English yet? I'm a year in and he can't speak a word of it. He never learnt any in the demo either. I've brought brought loads of foreigners who've picked it up but he just refuses to do anything but speak slower and louder Croatian*.

Anyone?

VB

Have you asked him "Do you understand the words that are comming out of my mouth"??

Maybe he's just shy? :D

It's not a move, it's a lifestyle adaptation...

I don't mean it should be considered a PPM, I mean some of the options in Player Interaction (which is where you ask players to learn PPMs) should be "Encourage Modric to learn English", "Tell Modric he has to learn English or you will not play him", and "Tell Modric to concentrate on his football and not bother learning the language" - all with different impacts on team blend, individual ability etc.

Anyone?

VB

what is his adaptability rating? (you can see it by loading him up on the pre-game editor). I was under the impression that for playing staff, that statistic rates how quickly a player can settle at a new club, and particularly in a new country. Perhaps Modric has very low adaptability?

Archived