Clicking continue to match causes freeze

Hi there,

Please can someone advise on how to avoid this occurring. I have been playing it on and off since yesterday and this is my first real problem, I have looked for threads that cover this but cannot see one.

What happens is, after playing for hours of no probs, I then save and exit, power down. Later on, returning to the game, the game flows ok, but the next subsequent match the game will freeze clicking on the continue to match button.

I have turned the graphics down to low and tinkered with some display settings in case there is a conflict of what my PC can handle. However, this pc ran 3d fine in the demo and on th whole on 09.

Please do you know why this is happening and how i can avoid it please?

Also, the windowed fuction in the display options has greyed out since installing the patch.

Thanks a lot for any help

In the Display Mode drop down box, the option to select "Windowed" is greyed out. It was there prior to installing the patch, but since, I cannot find a way of making it re-appear.

Can anyone advise on how to enable Windowed mode when it is greyed out ?

Thanks

1 - right click FM2009 exe start up icon and then properties

2 - in the target field add a space and "-windowed -small_screen"

3 - click apply/ok

Hello im having the same problem, i click on go to match and it freezes, iv got the second best graphics card on the market, and its fully updated. Im getting really ****ed off with it now.

Havnt got past the first friendly yet, and have started a new game 4 times.

Iv tried all of the above sugestions and nothing works. i cant even select windowed mode.

Someone help!

You gotta wait it out. Leave the game for a couple of minutes and it should work. It's not a freeze, it's just temporarily unresponsive, for whatever reason. It's not an excuse and this is really poor, but leaving it for a couple minutes should see it kick back into gear, so to speak. It definately does for me.

Turning the 3D match off and unclicking threading seems to make it work. Just played two games with no freeze. hope it continues this way!

Thanks for your help people.

p.s. im still ****ed off at not being able to enjoy the 3D match! hopefully they will release a patch or something soon to fix it.

leclercq ok i will try, i have done this for a couple of mins, but will try next time. my pc doesnt have a bad spec or graphics card though so i hope this does not become a regularity.

andyinuk, ok i will try turning off threading. thanks both

i was told the freezing issue actually affecting high spec machine more than the bad spec. probably something in the code which meant suppose to make things faster in multi-core machine

1 - right click FM2009 exe start up icon and then properties

2 - in the target field add a space and "-windowed -small_screen"

3 - click apply/ok

hi, people try this as a resolution for finding the way to get the greyed out windowed mode to appear. i am a bit behind with IT knowledge and need a little more guidance in what text to leave in the target box for ipswichjons suggestion point 2.

as for the mere progressing past a point pre match where it doesnt crash, AndyinUK said turn off threading, and for the simplicity of mere progression past pre match to match, this has WORKEd. thanks again AndyinUK

Hi Guys.

If you have Dual Nvidia cards and are experiencing a freeze could you please try the following.

First open your Nvidia Control panel (this is usually located in your Windows Control Panel).

Next make sure you have on the "Advanced settings" ticked at the top.

On the right hand side select "Manage 3D Settings"

And then select "Program Settings".

Select "Add"

This will open a browse dialogue box.

Now navigate through this box to where your Football Manager 2009 installation is located.

The default locations are:

Installed through Uniloc:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Installed through Steam:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Football Manager 2009

When here you should see "FM.exe" in the right directory. Select it and click "Open"

This will add FM.exe to the program settings box.

Make sure FM.exe is selected and in the lower box you will see the options for FM.exe.

Scroll down in this box until you see "SLI Performance Mode" Click the dropdown box and select:

"Alternate Frame Rendering" from this drop down menu.

Finally select "Apply" on the bottom right hand corner and then "File" and "Exit".

Now try playing a match.

Let me know if this has helped.

I had this freeze problem on a single nvidia geforce 8800 gtx card but installing the latest nvidia driver has fixed it. Its working on full screen, 3D pitch and with threading switched on. Well for now it is anyway!

Before when it was broken it would also randomly freeze on the club information screen, I dont think it liked the kit graphics in there either.

Hi Guys.

If you have Dual Nvidia cards and are experiencing a freeze could you please try the following.

First open your Nvidia Control panel (this is usually located in your Windows Control Panel).

Next make sure you have on the "Advanced settings" ticked at the top.

On the right hand side select "Manage 3D Settings"

And then select "Program Settings".

Select "Add"

This will open a browse dialogue box.

Now navigate through this box to where your Football Manager 2009 installation is located.

The default locations are:

Installed through Uniloc:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Installed through Steam:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Football Manager 2009

When here you should see "FM.exe" in the right directory. Select it and click "Open"

This will add FM.exe to the program settings box.

Make sure FM.exe is selected and in the lower box you will see the options for FM.exe.

Scroll down in this box until you see "SLI Performance Mode" Click the dropdown box and select:

"Alternate Frame Rendering" from this drop down menu.

Finally select "Apply" on the bottom right hand corner and then "File" and "Exit".

Now try playing a match.

Let me know if this has helped.

Steve, is there a similar 3D setup we should use for single nvidia card set up? i use geforce 8800 and want to know if there is a optimal setting i should use for FM.

Steve, is there a similar 3D setup we should use for single nvidia card set up? i use geforce 8800 and want to know if there is a optimal setting i should use for FM.

If you're having this problem on Dual with freezing then that work around I posted should help.

With Single cards I don't have an optimal setting. If you are having problems you should post about it on the known issues thread and if anyone can help they will.

Cheers.

Archived