Well Done SI

I suspect alot of people reading the title think it's a sarcastic post where another gamer is going to moan.

It's not....ok there were someone teething problems with the registration but the way i see it (and i work in IT) no matter how much testing you do nothing can truly prepare you for that go live status.Mistakes happen and I'm, sure SI will have learnt from them!

The 3D engine whilst has it's flaws is a major step foward and I'm sure 2 or 3 years down the line it will be perfect.

The assistant feedback is brilliant and has really helped me create a really good tactic that suits my team!

Don't get me wrong everyones entitled to their opinion as you've payed 30 quid for the game but take away the minor flaws of FM and you've got pure gold!

After playing 15 games with my Rushden team I know I'm going to be hooked to FM as always!

So many thanks SI you have one very happy gamer.

by the amount of complaints this forum has seen in the last two days i think you're probably in the minority jimbo

The complaints are about things that mean people can't play, not about how good the game actually is. That being said, I'd be fuming if I still couldn't play by now.

by the amount of complaints this forum has seen in the last two days i think you're probably in the minority jimbo

Don't think so. Out of everyone who is actually playing it, most seem to be very positive

There are probably many, many more out there enjoying it as we speak

Tbh its better than what i expected but there is still room for improvement ! More things should be fixed and tweeked in the next patch anyway.:thup: Plus dont judge the game on the demo buy the game and see what its like and if you dont like it take it back or see what your friends games like

I agree with the comments in the op. the 3d engine gives me a completely new way of working my tactics, since FM06 I haven't been that great, however FM09 seems to have given me more tools to play. Although I find it harder, it's actually enjoyable tweaking tactics to snuff out your opponent and I have to say, the 3d engine makes me feel like what I'm doing actually makes a difference, which is something that the 2d view didn't give.

I do send out my sympathy for those having problems though.. keep plugging away as hopefully when you get the issues fixed, you will enjoy the game like I do

Don't think so. Out of everyone who is actually playing it, most seem to be very positive

There are probably many, many more out there enjoying it as we speak

the problem is many people aren't playing it because of all the problems with it

i think the game is awesome, as addictive as ever! my only annoyance is that i bought a cd/dvd copy and activated with steam, but when i try to launch the game offline it tells me steam needs to be online, i thought this wasn't the case??..but yeh im loving the 3d! assistant manager general is a great help and love the press conferences..well done si!!!

to say that those of us that are playing and loving the game are in the minority is crazy. Granted it looks like we are in the minority because there are so many people that had/are having problems. However there will always be more critisism than praise in this situation as everyone who has it working is busy playing it.....very few will post in the forum a because they are already playing! also how many of the posts in the 'cant get the game running' threads are from the same people. Loads I suspect. ie the same person posts pretty much the same stuff in multiple threads. telling the whole forum that his game doesn't work at every opportunity. I suspect, based on a post from Miles that the majority of people were either not significantly inconvenienced or not inconvenienced at all in setting the game up. I know it only took me 20 minutes to get activated. Not really a big deal as I had already waited most of the day for my wife to com home from work with the game for me. Thats not to say that I don't understand the frustrations of the people who took 9 hours etc to get up and running. I understand, I just lack sympathy in the cases where they felt it was remotely appropriate to spout their nasty, personal and vitriolic insults on the forums.

ot really a big deal as I had already waited most of the day for my wife to com home from work with the game for me.

Dear god...

does she have any idea what shes in for?

The game itself is addictive as ever. i got no problems. and played it no problems.

and you are right, i saw several repost the exact same comments in multliple threads yesterday as if they were just going thread by thread and posting it in every single one.

Minor flaws? I'd consider a game that is impossible to make work an embarrassment not a flaw. A high street robbery!

Again.. This thread is not about the problems getting the game to work. It's about the game itself. Incidentally, it's not impossible to make it work, anyway.

i think the game is awesome, as addictive as ever! my only annoyance is that i bought a cd/dvd copy and activated with steam, but when i try to launch the game offline it tells me steam needs to be online, i thought this wasn't the case??..but yeh im loving the 3d! assistant manager general is a great help and love the press conferences..well done si!!!

Go into steam, find the game in the list, right click and select Play Offline (or something like that)

Archived