Unusually High level of keeper long balls leading to goals?

Has anyone noticed anything strange relating to long balls from the keeper?

I have played about 10 games now and every match, no matter what tactics I use it seems that both my keeper and other keepers have a tenancy to hit long balls from the keeper to one of the strikers, of which they ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS mangage to beat the defender too and almost always score?

I can never remember it being quite like this in 2008, but the number of assists goalkeepers are getting is ridiculous. I see it happen a few times every game. It seems to be particularly bad if the opposition keeper has a good kicking rating, a pacy striker, and a preferred move of "Likes to beat offside trap"

The only way I can counter it is putting barrows on all of my back four and playing them totally deep!

I raised this issue in the bugs forum after playing the demo because it happened often

I've not noticed it happen once in the full game with the patch though. I also set my goalkeeper to distribute to defenders

That's not to say it doesn't still happen though, just telling you what I've seen so far

I agree, although I have scored far more from this than I've conceded. I've also noticed that in half a season of play I have had no one sent off so far, which I find a bit odd.

My keeper at Port Vale, Joe Anyon, ran the ball out of his area, launched a long kick upfield which bounced over the advancing opposition keeper to score him a goal.

Archived