2nd Patch

As this game still has so many bugs i.e champions league groups drawn incorrectly, transfer system still not working properly, sacked scouts still scouting, international matches and league games being played at similar times so my man utd team has 14 players missing for the visit to tottenham, I was wondering when I will be able to play the game.

I dont want to get a refund as im aware that fm08 was awful until the 3rd patch so when will this game be complete so we can patch it up again?

I really dont want to wait until january.

However if SI think this game is now playable and have no immediate plans to release a 2nd patch please could you inform me now so that I can get my money back until game is fixed.

Thankyou.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
As this game still has so many bugs i.e champions league groups drawn incorrectly, transfer system still not working properly, sacked scouts still scouting, international matches and league games being played at similar times so my man utd team has 14 players missing for the visit to tottenham, I was wondering when I will be able to play the game.

I dont want to get a refund as im aware that fm08 was awful until the 3rd patch so when will this game be complete so we can patch it up again?

I really dont want to wait until january.

However if SI think this game is now playable and have no immediate plans to release a 2nd patch please could you inform me now so that I can get my money back until game is fixed.

Thankyou.

Not sure what the official line is here but the guys are continuing to work on FM09 and it's highly likely further patches will be released.

In the patch 9.1 it's tuned down by at least 25%

Thank goodness for that. My star midfielder crocked for 3 months after 3 minutes of the season, his replacement going off injured after 62 minutes, my striker limping through the last 15 minutes on fitness of 45% because I had no more subs. Good job its been tuned down - just think of the carnage otherwise. By the way 4 games into season and thee players who came on as subs have all been crocked...

In UEFA Champions League Group Stages it says (under Rules) that top 2 qualify for knockout stage. Shouldn't it say 3rd place qualify for EURO (UEFA) Cup Group Stages or whatever it is they qualify for in real life? I am likely to finish 3rd/4th. I don't want some bug to throw me out of Europe :(

Also when I start a game 4-4-2 one striker can play CM, if I decide to move him to CM in the game (so 4-5-1) it works ok, but then when I recheck it my player I moved (to the middle of the 5) is now upfront on his own (ok, ish) but my other out and out striker is stuck in midfield, rendering them useless and meaning teams stroll through my midfield :mad:. I had to change this 3 times during my defeat to Inter, luckily my defeat had nothing to do with that or I would be fuming...

Also when I start a game it says setting up match when it takes itself to classic view, every match. Can't it setup match (I take it that's the view etc) and cache that!? Plus it does it after HT

Will all this be fixed in the patch?

Is there an estimated time? Are we talking a few days or a few weeks!?

I am using tugs training cos I am lazy :) But seriously my team are ****ed after my first friendly I had 6 players out for over 2 weeks, most of them months out.
At least you have the first patch, us on Mac's don't even have the first patch yet.

Well that sucks for you guys.

Sorry.

At least you have the first patch, us on Mac's don't even have the first patch yet.

Since when did fans of the pretty and cool who doth verily kneel before the messiah that is Steve Jobs care about functionality? :D

Sorry, my sympathies, this isn't Apple's fault, and it's pretty poor that you guys can't play yet.

Injurys are fine at my end , check your training/tempo during games etc. What is this deal with the champions league bug??

I reported it as a bug, SI said that the 3rd placed teams will drop into the Euro (UEFA) cup, but the text is missing

Thats a helpful post...

It is as helpful as it can be considering I don't have the game myself. I only heard this from a friend of mine. Apparently trying to remove a duplicate entry in the db sometimes results in a crash and some competition histories become corrupted (the year figures all change into 1800) if edited. Also, the editor won't allow editing of non-player histories. (These all on patched game.) I doubt my friend is the only one experiencing these issues, so they must already know. Also, this is not a proper bug report thread, not even the right forum, so what's the point of giving detailed info on the bugs here.

25% is ok,but the base is toooooooo big,so 25% is not enough at all!

its because our training and settings? so you guys mean training hard leadss so much ****ing injuries? Ohhh,so that soldiers should be all injuried and no war in the world at all !!

The players swapping position is so annoying. I just had to hold on as I let in a goal due to my strikers deciding they felt like playing in midfield :mad: :mad:.. Don't they test anything!? :mad:

WHat is this bug?? can you explain it more? i havnt had change of position automatically....though i have 13 players in my tactic screen sometimes

• SI Staff

We are working on a 9.2, no release date set yet though.

Regarding injuries - you can minimize them by:

- Not buying or playing injury prone players

- Managing your players' fitness, eg not wearing them out in matches especially when they arent match fit

However they are part and parcel of football and hence you will, like all teams IRL, go through peaks and troughs with them.

So while I will be tweaking injuries a bit further for 9.2, it wont necessarily mean less, just a more realistic spread.

- Managing your players' fitness, eg not wearing them out in matches especially when they arent match fit

However they are part and parcel of football and hence you will, like all teams IRL, go through peaks and troughs with them.

So while I will be tweaking injuries a bit further for 9.2, it wont necessarily mean less, just a more realistic spread.

Any Idea why Fabregas tire so quickly, he can only play 65 minutes per game even though he has Nat fitness 18, stamina 17 and workrate 17. 65 minutes into each game he hits 69% and has to be replaced. He does not have a hard workload in tactics.

Close down own half, he does have forward runs, not tight marking. It doesn't make sense why he tire so much.

You want to tell us:

1. The game is perfect in injury,its we who dont know the correct way to play the game.

2. You decide which is realistic spread,you decide the part and parcel of football,you decide whether the injury system is close to real life,although you decided the DEMO is perfect too in injury,if it was not that case,why did you release it?So do you still think you can decide which is right or wrong not the guys who buy the game?

3. 9.2 may make some changes,but whatever,you never made any mistake,oh Jesus,Are you kidding me? Is that the right attitude you should have?

This is the RL table and it looks pretty much the same in numbers as in my game

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Compare it to your premier league injury table ingame. There are injuries in Real life football and there were too few in FM08. From what I've seen so far in FM09 it seems pretty spot on.

Pathetic....part and parcel of football? i had 2 injuries in the 1st 15 mins of the 1st friendly after having the game feeze 6 times, both players out for 2 months!, im yet to play my 2nd game due to this feezing *****

U dont need to be such a tool, i am sure with an attitude like yours people are going to be falling over themselves to help u out:thdn:

I apologize.

But I've waited months to play the FM2009,I hope it to be excellent,but now I cant play the game at all,maybe I should wait for the next patch while you guys think this patch is just ok.

Ok,maybe its the time for me to forget this game from now on.

You guys enjoy it!

Hi!

And are you planning to deal with the 2d classic mode's lag? Because a lot of people complaining about that problem, as i do, so it would be great to see it's fixed. I can't play the game like that. :(

Thanks in advance!

Scud

I am having no problems with injuries now. I have had a few bad moments where multiple players have been out but on the whole and using a medium training schedule I would say that they are very realistic. The overall injuries table looks about right too.

-E-

Archived