Game Becoming Unresponsive

Hi, I notice while playing FM09 that it can start to become very unresponsive while playing i.e it takes multiple clicks of the mouse before the required action is taken.

I remember this happening on previous FM but it ususaly go sorted with a patch.

Anyone who has experienced this and has a workaround can you let me know please?

For the record I have threading turned off encase that affects anything. This is due to random game crashes I was experiencing.

Cheers folks

Same here. It was fine in the beginning, but it's getting worse and worse for me. I'ts not the system since i run a brand new q6600 2.44Ghz with 4GB Ram. The interesting part is that i'm just halfway through first season.

I had the same problem on FM2008 but not this early.

ditto i'm having the same problem, reinstalled and started a new game with just 6 leagues from 5 countries. every 15 minutes or so the game (and my whole system) becomes unusable and task manager says that fm.exe is using 100% cpu, even with classic 2d. i have to try and pause the game and wait until the cpu load drops then resume the match.

specs: dell xps 1330 laptop, core2 duo 2.2ghz, 2gb ram, win xp, geforce 8400 256mb

Defrag your computer. Even if you think its doesn't need it. Mine doesn't really need it as its not very full anyway and it didn't recommend me doing it. I'm now doing it and i'm really surprised at how many of the files being moved are ones associated with FM, so it should speed it up. So in the words of Ben Stiller in Starsky & Hutch - DO IT!

Defrag your computer. Even if you think its doesn't need it. Mine doesn't really need it as its not very full anyway and it didn't recommend me doing it. I'm now doing it and i'm really surprised at how many of the files being moved are ones associated with FM, so it should speed it up. So in the words of Ben Stiller in Starsky & Hutch - DO IT!

i defrag weekly so no issues there, and just 10 processes running in taskmgr, the next drastic step may be to reformat, but i'll be super p!ssed if the problem still occurs!

What difference does turning off threading make? Sorry if this is obvious, but I`m not especially computer literate .. does it just stabilise the game with no consequences?

threading is used for dual/quad core computers, when activated it uses all the cores to process the data, so it runs a lot faster, if deactivated it runs as if it was on a basic single core processor and speed is reduced.

I just defragged and cleaned my computer, but it's still the same. And everytime i start and finish a match i always get a black screen and a white screen before it's ready.

I still haven't finished my first season but it's very unresponsive. I have to click several times before the buttons react to what i'm doing. At times it's very annoying.

Archived