Is this game random?

I am really struggling to find some sort of consistancy yet with results. It does seem like a lot of it is just random, and anything I do doesn't matter.

You'll beat Man Utd away 4-0 in one game and create tons of chances, then the next game lose 1-0 at home to Fulham and create no chances. I know things like this happen a lot in real life but I won all 8 games against the big 4 this season as Wigan but yet ended up 17th.

I played basically the same tactic all season with a few tweaks depending on how I felt my team was falling short, but that didn't seem to change much in the long term.

Can someone tell me that they've found some sort of normality? Or otherwise whats the point since it's all random?

Different tactics will work against different teams because different teams play different tactics (try saying that many times really fast!).

You ought to get your scout to compile a scout report on the next opposition and tweak your tactics accordingly before going into the match. There's plenty of advice on this, such as what counters what, in the Tactics and Training Tips forum.

Archived