How can we stop Steam automatically downloading patches?

How can we stop Steam automatically downloading patches?

Basically the reason I didn't want to download from Steam because I don't want my game screwed up through stats and all sorts of other things changing through automatically downloaded patches.

SI or anyone else got any tips to stop this from happening?

Thanks

• Administrators

Basically the reason I didn't want to download from Steam because I don't want my game screwed up through stats and all sorts of other things changing through automatically downloaded patches.

What do you mean by screwed up through stats changing? Installing the patch won't have any effect on stats and such on an already started game.

• 2 months later...
Sorry for bringing up an old thread. But I followed the steps in here, and when I went on the gane today I find out I am playing on the 9.02 patch. Which has changed my game quite a bit :(

I bought the game via Steam as well. But you don't have to have Steam running to play the game. That would solve the problem of the updates occuring when not wanted!

Another option that may work would be to run the game without having to use Steam. Go into the Steam Folder on your PC (normally via C Drive-Steam) and right click on the fm.exe icon and save it to your desktop. When running the game always use the icon on your desktop and it should bypass Steam. Haven't got Steam myself so not sure if it would stop the issues but might be worth a try.

Archived