Answer our WWSM questions instead of closing our threads!!!

It has been asked over and over and over.

1. Will the patch be released at the same time as WWSM?

2. When does the pre-download start?

Is it really that hard to answer these questions instead or locking all our posts? God forbid you take two minutes to address your customers in North America.

Dont get stressed, just go with it. We've been treated like that for ages, man. This is the reward for not playing the game cracked: nothing.

Well, I do not count with a patch on release day. Anyways, amazon needs apparently 2 days to prepare shipment. Plus 2 days for in transit and you get the game when they hopefully have uploaded the patch.

gogamer.com will get you the import version.

I wish we could get some answers about WWSM and patches as the more people who decide to go the import route (which this silence is rightly leading them to do), the less important WWSM becomes to Sega and SI. The games lack of importance to them is what creates the situation to begin with and the domino effect ensues. I understand the release date being different, and I hold no quarrel over that. I would just like answers to the patch date questions even if they are not a set day, give us an expected time frame, please.

Yes please answer these questions as its important in my decision to get WWSM through steam or try to import the game.

I'm in Canada, anybody know of a place where I could FM? Gogamer doesn't ship to Canada.

I've imported directly from the UK through Gameplay.com, but I don't know if they ship to Canada...Not this year, though. GoGamer still charges $30, despite the conversion rate. Saves me a fair chunk of change...

gogamer.com will get you the import version.

I wish we could get some answers about WWSM and patches as the more people who decide to go the import route (which this silence is rightly leading them to do), the less important WWSM becomes to Sega and SI. The games lack of importance to them is what creates the situation to begin with and the domino effect ensues. I understand the release date being different, and I hold no quarrel over that. I would just like answers to the patch date questions even if they are not a set day, give us an expected time frame, please.

Thanks man. Just ordered.

I just prefer the original......its football to me, it will never be soccer again.

I have major doubt we'll get it the 17th.

The whole point SI made about putting the date back was to correlate with WWSM's "street date" which is the 18th, a Tuesday to coincide with the US usual game release day.

My major fear is that Steam is going to be over-run on Tuesday, thanks to Left 4 Dead (which looks fantastic). Downloads were slow as hell when the L4D demo was released so got to assume that it will be similar on Tuesday morn :(

This whole thing about waiting on Amazon.com is a joke. People that are going to download it from Steam are going to download it from Steam and people who want a boxed copy will order it from Amazon. If steam offers the download on the 17th as scheduled and Amazon does not have the game ready intil the 18th, I seriously doubt it will affect anyone's sales.

Wow, all day and no response what so ever from SI. You guys are total joke of a company. Every last one of you should be fired for how poorly the release of FM 09 went and I am sure it will be just as bad Monday for WWSM. You certainly have shown us no reason to think it won't be screwed up like everything else you do. Maybe some day you will figure out what real customer service is, but I doubt it.

Wow, all day and no response what so ever from SI. You guys are total joke of a company. Every last one of you should be fired for how poorly the release of FM 09 went and I am sure it will be just as bad Monday for WWSM. You certainly have shown us no reason to think it won't be screwed up like everything else you do. Maybe some day you will figure out what real customer service is, but I doubt it.

That's if we get it on Monday. Steam let people pre-load left 4 dead so they can play it at 5 minutes after midnight on the 18th. No such option available for WWSM at the moment. I assume that may have something to do with the patch. But who knows?

If you hadn't noticed we have been quite busy with other issues. Any announcement regarding WWSM will be made when the information is ready to be available. Thanks for your patience.

It's supposed to out on the 17th. That's all we are asking.

That is a bunch of BS nbrocky. It takes someone from SI 2 minutes to come on here and make a post to give us an update. Most of us have pre-paid the game and you have our money so we deserve answers. Do your damn job instead of making excuses. It is a total embarrassment how SI treats its customers. Just another reason why people should lose their jobs over this.

You mean all night? Most people over here have been asleep for 8 hours. It's also the weekend. I would have thought you'd hear more on Monday. Til then you've got a whole evening/day to relax and when you get up on Monday morning, chances are they'll be something waiting for you, as guys this side will have already been up at least 5 hours or so.

• Administrators

As far as I'm aware the game will be released on the data previously stated. ericpatton, please do not be abusive - the game has a set release date which we are sticking to, you have absolutely no reason to be so rude and if you continue in such a manner you will be removed from these forums.

The game has a set release date and there is no reason to expect this will be changed.

Hmm, remember last year? No reason to think it would change, but it did. Hmm, remember this year? I week ago after most of us had bought WWSM and were expecting to be playing it on the 14th, oh but wait they changed the release date on us again to the 17th. What a shock, two years in a row. I have every reason to be rude when you treat your customers the way you do. I can't wait to post the big I TOLD YOU SO on Monday.

Hmm, remember last year? No reason to think it would change, but it did. Hmm, remember this year? I week ago after most of us had bought WWSM and were expecting to be playing it on the 14th, oh but wait they changed the release date on us again to the 17th. What a shock, two years in a row. I have every reason to be rude when you treat your customers the way you do. I can't wait to post the big I TOLD YOU SO on Monday.

You know games are released on a Tuesday in the US don't you?

We have been posting these questions for days. All they do is ignore our posts and delete most of them. Quit making excuses for SI.

So being asleep during the night is an excuse for not posting?

The game has been announced to be released on that date so why would it change? It surely makes sense that if it did they would tell you. They do not need to tell you if it does not change.

If you don't like SI or whatever then quite simply don't buy the game.

Well it is now heading towards evening in England and not one word from SI. What a complete shock. I am sure they are too busy doing tv and radio interviews or counting all the money they made from this horrible release. Can't wait to see the list of excuses on why everything is screwed up with WWSM tomorrow and the fact that we will not have a patch. THANKS FOR NOTHING SI!!!!!!

Well it is now heading towards evening in England and not one word from SI. What a complete shock. I am sure they are too busy doing tv and radio interviews or counting all the money they made from this horrible release. Can't wait to see the list of excuses on why everything is screwed up with WWSM tomorrow and the fact that we will not have a patch. THANKS FOR NOTHING SI!!!!!!

Actually it's the weekend. Most of us would like to be busy with our families, friends and loved ones or enjoying our free and spare time. But, in fact, the majority of us have been around on these forums helping out with the release since Thursday night.

We can accept criticism when things don't go to plan and we don't have ego's so big that we think we're perfect or that we're not going to make mistakes because that's not realistic.

I'm sorry if you feel ignored, but that is not our intention, but ranting and raving about it will not make us answer you any faster, nor will it get your game to you any quicker. We will provide news when we're ready to provide news so you'll just have to be a little bit more patient.

As it goes, I'm not in the loop with regards to the WWSM release so I can't help you with your specific query, but the guys who are in the know and dealing with this will probably be around when we're back in office tomorrow.

I think for the forseeable future, those fans of the game in the US will have to be use to being considered a secondary market. I am not criticizing SI or anyone with this, I think its just a cold fact of the business world. Football(soccer) is just not as popular here as it is in the rest of the world. Where demand is highest will always get the highest priority. Its that way with almost anything anymore. Basically because of this, I have always ordered from gamplay.com. Having the game right on release day has never been a big thing for me, I just want the game. The delay in getting the game has given me time to read the forums, download the patch and have everything ready for when I do get it.

I think those of in the states should just order from an online company in the UK. I think it would make life easier for everyone involved. As to those who cant get the game delivered, you have my sympathies.

As far as ordering from Steam, that was never going to be an option for me. Besides having problems with them in the past, I always like having a hard copy of the game.

Those waiting for the game, just hang in there, hopefully you guys will be playing the game soon. Heck, you might be playing it before me and I pre-ordered back in April (LOL)

And again, not an attack on anyone, just my humble opinion

I think for the forseeable future, those fans of the game in the US will have to be use to being considered a secondary market. I am not criticizing SI or anyone with this, I think its just a cold fact of the business world. Football(soccer) is just not as popular here as it is in the rest of the world. Where demand is highest will always get the highest priority. Its that way with almost anything anymore. Basically because of this, I have always ordered from gamplay.com. Having the game right on release day has never been a big thing for me, I just want the game. The delay in getting the game has given me time to read the forums, download the patch and have everything ready for when I do get it.

I think those of in the states should just order from an online company in the UK. I think it would make life easier for everyone involved. As to those who cant get the game delivered, you have my sympathies.

As far as ordering from Steam, that was never going to be an option for me. Besides having problems with them in the past, I always like having a hard copy of the game.

Those waiting for the game, just hang in there, hopefully you guys will be playing the game soon. Heck, you might be playing it before me and I pre-ordered back in April (LOL)

And again, not an attack on anyone, just my humble opinion

We're not treating anybody as a secondary market. We have shown terrific support by getting the MLS license a long time ago when perhaps soccer wasn't as popular over there, but it's what we wanted.

The bottom line is making games is very complex as is releasing and distributing across the globe. There are some things that are just way out of our hands or control, but that's not to say we don't want everything to be perfect everywhere or strive towards that, because of course we do.

We're not treating anybody as a secondary market. We have shown terrific support by getting the MLS license a long time ago when perhaps soccer wasn't as popular over there, but it's what we wanted.

The bottom line is making games is very complex as is releasing and distributing across the globe. There are some things that are just way out of our hands or control, but that's not to say we don't want everything to be perfect everywhere or strive towards that, because of course we do.

I mentioned this in another thread, the fact that there is a WWSM easily available and very reasonably prized for the US shows support for the market here. No ignorance at all. What I do understand Neil, is the fact that apparently there is a lack of communication on behalf SI/Sega regarding promised demo, etc. going on for apparently a week or so. This probably makes them feel being ignored rather than supported.

As always and everywhere it's all about talking to each other. You statement that there can't be made an announcement because the people are not around or tied up, is fair enough for me.

Actually it's the weekend. Most of us would like to be busy with our families, friends and loved ones or enjoying our free and spare time. But, in fact, the majority of us have been around on these forums helping out with the release since Thursday night.

We can accept criticism when things don't go to plan and we don't have ego's so big that we think we're perfect or that we're not going to make mistakes because that's not realistic.

I'm sorry if you feel ignored, but that is not our intention, but ranting and raving about it will not make us answer you any faster, nor will it get your game to you any quicker. We will provide news when we're ready to provide news so you'll just have to be a little bit more patient.

As it goes, I'm not in the loop with regards to the WWSM release so I can't help you with your specific query, but the guys who are in the know and dealing with this will probably be around when we're back in office tomorrow.

If I recall right, you guys got into that mess in the first place by doing the whole activation thing. It's like you were doing FM players a favor lol

Anyway, you might not think that ranting about it will get us anywhere, but without it, not even you would have been saying anything. We are completely ignored.

If I recall right, you guys got into that mess in the first place by doing the whole activation thing. It's like you were doing FM players a favor lol

Anyway, you might not think that ranting about it will get us anywhere, but without it, not even you would have been saying anything. We are completely ignored.

How can you say you are ignored if he just responded? :confused:

HAHAHA, we get two posts from SI and they did not answer any of the questions. That is so impressive. If you would like to spend time at home try releasing the game with out a million problems. You choose to be in this business, so you pay the price when a game release goes horribly wrong. Do your jobs better and this would not happen. Once again you have provided all of us who have been asking these questions for days with ZERO customer service. All you did was make excuses.

Jod123, it is easy to say we are being ignored when he does not answer any of our questions. Just making some random post whining that he would rather be at home does not fix anything. Maybe he should get on the phone, do his job and get us some answers. Even by answering us, he ignored us. Its a skill SI seems to have mastered.

How can you say you are ignored if he just responded? :confused:

Responded by saying he didn't know anything. Steam lists it as being released on November 17, but says it will be out in approximately 1 day and 9 hours. Which really means November 18. So the UK gets it a few hours earlier than it's release date, while North America gets it 24 hours after it's scheduled release date (not counting the fact that Steam originally accepted pre-orders while advertising a Novemner 14 release date). That's the kind of stuff that leads to frustration. I pre-ordered from Steam, but this will be the last time I buy WWSM. In the future I will just pre-order FM from a UK store.

I'm done.

Pre-ordered from Gogamer. FM.

There, now I dont give a crap if anybody actually responds with some information about WWSM or not. Have a nice rest of the weekend, SI.

You've finally come to your senses and did what I did two weeks ago. ;)

You've finally come to your senses and did what I did two weeks ago. ;)

I know, man. I did think that after almost a week of questions and questions id get an honest answer, but I was wrong. I'll have FM 09 on Wednesday. sad, but that's the way to go if you dont want to always be the last one to get everything.

Its better it seems this year, at this rate the Steam release will be sometime this week. I am glad I went with gogamer and will be getting FM. I tried to support the NA market buy purchasing WWSM the past three years but this year was the last straw for me.

Well, GoGamer has seen the conversion rate, and raised their price to $44 from $30...glad my order is set at the cheaper price because I pre-ordered. also, their site says the 19th is Release Day...

My suspicions are true, it seems. GoGamer imports their copies, starting the 14th, and then reships to us.

No one ships to Canada :(

I ordered my imported copy of FM from sendit.com. I'm in Canada as well and this was the one site that would deliver to us here. It will likely take a week or two but I'm in no rush.

After buying it last year, I refuse to order WWSM any longer due to the fact the support is lacking compared to the real version of FM (ie: timeliness of patches, compatibility of some add-ons, etc). The real, true FM is the way to go IMHO.

The reason for the silence is that a fully patched WWSM, pc and mac versions, is on the way over the next day or so.

I'm saying this based upon pure unadulterated blind hope and the fact that very little else would justify the lack of info from SI.

Archived