Starting Unemployed

What reputation did you give yourself when creating your profile (was your past experience international footballer or sunday league player etc?)

This may be why you are getting no offers.

I started unemployed myself, with my past experience being international footballer, & got offered the Watford job 2 days into the game.

What leagues do you have running, what nationality are you, and what did you set as your past experience?

The last 2008 patch made some big changes to the hiring criteria, making it much more difficult. The above three factors being the biggest ones from what I've seen.

i started unemployed, automatic experience, Swedish / English nationalities with English, Scottish, Swedish, Italian and Spanish leagues running (to lowest levels) Applied for 6 vacant jobs at start of game which one offered me contract straight away (swedish 2nd div side) I decided to delay for a week to see what else might happen and was offered a contract by Hyde which i accepted. This was all within the 1st week

I started a 17 nation/18 leagues game (only second division was the Championship) and got offered all but 1 of the 10 jobs I applied for wthin the first week, eventually chose QPR due to the nice transfer budget compared to the other offers. And I gave myself no previous reputation so that wasn't a factor. Neither was nationality as I was offered jobs in England but also Germany, Denmark and Greece to name only three.

Archived