fix the phone lines

this is beyond a joke now.

ive been ringing since 11 am yesterday morning to activate via phone and everytime it cuts me off after 3 activation keys telling me my code is invalid, well it isnt.

and no1 from si has had the courtesy (the very least you people owe us ) to explain whether this is gonna be resolved?

help? im not going away

I appreciate you're frustrated, but please refrain from swearing.

I can't help you with your problem by the way, but someone else might be able to.

Are you able to activate via the Internet at all?

I feel your pain.

I am activated - however, I feel your pain.

When I couldn't activate via internet, I tried the phone option and got a dead-line; however, that was yesterday at peak activation time.

Later I found I could really activate via the internet even though I was misled into thinking that I could not.

Btw, can anyone confirm that there isn't a limit of how many tries you can have to activate the game, cos if there is i won't be PLEASED!

NOBS.

OK, first of all, don't start name-calling. Secondly, there isn't a limit.

Can you activate on the Internet?

Also there was a problem distinguishing the i's and 1's and o's and 0's on the activation code.

my laptop has a great graphics card but no net so i want to play the game on the laptop and not on my pc with net, and btw i put my code through the link given by SI, so it's not a coincidence both me and robby have the same prob, the phone activation is hindered somehow.

i cant activate on the internet no and my code is right, i have checked and checked again

i appreciate you are trying to help im just extremely frustrated. this is getting ridiculous

I quite understand. I'm sorry I can't help you, but I've just noticed that Marc says he's looking into it. :thup:

i cant activate on the internet no and my code is right, i have checked and checked again

i appreciate you are trying to help im just extremely frustrated. this is getting ridiculous

Yeah, I understand how frustrating it is. I got the game yesterday and could not activate it until nearly midnight.

Hopefully you all get it working very soon. :thup:

Hey, with regard to:

What is happening? What error message do you get? Thousands of people were just being told that the application could not get an intenet connection and to check their internet connection - is this happening to you?

• SI Staff
Hey, with regard to:

What is happening? What error message do you get? Thousands of people were just being told that the application could not get an intenet connection and to check their internet connection - is this happening to you?

Just had this from a helpful fan Mark Nicholson.

"Hi Mark, I may have a solution for some of the people trying to activate there FM2009 over the phone, myself I only have internet access through my mobile phone anyhow this way worked for me, when I checked my code on the back of the manual with your site checker it came back I had typed it correct but came back in lower case so I would type it on my pc in lower case after about 50 time in trying I decided to try the code in capitals and this time over the phone to activate I was successful, maybe tell the people trying to active through the phone to type in capitals it worked for me, hope this helps other people trying to activate FM2009,"

I am not sure about the capitals - the code is surely case-less?

Mine went through in lower case, but didn't go through in upper-case. HOWEVER; the major problem here (in my opinion) is the application doesn't give enough info to the customer as to what the connection problem is. Most people bashed their way through activation by ignoring the message and just kept retrying.

• SI Staff
I am not sure about the capitals - the code is surely case-less?

Mine went through in lower case, but didn't go through in upper-case. HOWEVER; the major problem here (in my opinion) is the application doesn't give enough info to the customer as to what the connection problem is. Most people bashed their way through activation by ignoring the message and just kept retrying.

Well, I only posted that as it was someone who had the same issue described here and he was able to get it sorted.

Please try it and let me know.

If the code is meant to be uppercase - like on the back of the manuals - why did the utility thing export the code in lower case?

It is almost like it was to slow people down in activating. I mean, if the code is case-specific, why give the opposite version?

I still maintain that the software should never have just told people that it couldn't get an internet connection (and to check their connection) when, in fact, it was a server issue.

It all makes me suspicious that it was known that there would be huge demand and there had to be various ways to slow down the activation process.

I mean, surely the activation process was dry-tested? Surely, it was pre-tested in relation to the servers being busy? I still don't buy the fact that someone badly programmed it or nobody noticed, etc. Busy servers were surely incredibly high on the list of discussions (prior to the game being launched) - surely someone asked what happens when the servers are busy.

I don't buy the fact that it was all an accident.

Someone must know whether or not the key is meant to be upper or lower case and have known this at the point the key-checking tool was put online? This is surely critcal and couldn't possibly go wrong?

I hope whatever official statment that comes out on Monday covers all of this - if not, I will certainly make my own enquiries.

Archived