A joke?

It can quite easily be the set up of your tactics that causes this sort of thing to happen.

Whether I'm right or wrong, it would only be benificial for you to have a read through the tactical guide that has recently been posted in the tactics and training forum.

Here it is: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61144

If you refuse to try and look into why this may be happening it will continue to happen and continue to annoy you.

Whether its realistic or not is not the point, it's easily conceivable that something about the way you've set up your tactics is causing this to happen. So what better way to improve your enjoyment of the game than spending a short while browsing a tactical guide written by some of the best tactical minds on this forum?

This is something that annoyed me alot in fm 08 haven't come accross it yet in 09 though. Agree however and said the same thing quite often in 08's time I don't understand how the tactics influence finishing. Surley tactics are only about creating not taking them and of course preventing chances for the opposition. However the only way i found to combat it was to change the tactic itself.

So if a slide a lil bar ronaldo can score one on ones now?

This can go one of two ways - you continue stubbornly believing that the way you're playing has no influence over the game, or you can do a little reading and perhaps find a way to make your game more enjoyable.

Sooner or later someone always comes up with this being a bug. Like Ackter says, you need to look into your tactics and accept that you may need to change something.

Every so often it is going to happen anyway. All teams have a bad day in front of goal. How many games is this two out of?

I don't think 'clear cut chance' means it's a certain goal either. I hope you are not assuming that. It just means the probablity of scoring is highly in your favour at that time.

Think of it this way: Arsenal beat United last week, and then got beaten by Villa today. Even Arsene Wenger can mess his tactics up.

It's definitely your tactics - read up in the Tactics forum, there's a lot of good stuff there. Although I don't recommend downloading a tactic because that just takes away the enjoyment of winning.

Looks like you're attacking alot, and Villa was defending better and hit you on the counter attack.

Make tactic adjustments until you notice some results.

You have a solid team in Man Utd, you just have to know how to deploy them to their best.

his tactics are sound, he is totally dominating his opponents, nothing to do with counterattacking or defending. His players just dont score, its happened for every game using the basic engine, you will always miss the majority of your chances to try and make it fairer when of course it just gets infuriating looking at the stats.

Ronaldo, Rooney and berbatov are crap ofcourse and whats worse carew scored from like 40 yards...

Aye because something like that never happens...

*cough* France 0-1 Scotland, Faddy from 35 Yards *cough*

... I really need to get that cough sorted :)

Archived