What Is Everyones Problem With FM 09?

Hi i have not got the full game yet, im still playing the demo version.

As far as i can see, there is alot of injury's in every match but suppose it's only a demo so the full game will be better.

With the comments people have been making about FM 09, its kind of putting me off getting the full game.

Is it really that bad?

The game itself isn't bad, especially with the patch installed, although there are still some small issues that need to be fixed.

Most of the complaining is over the activation, and the codes you need for it. There were a lot of problems yesterday with it.

Its seems a good game on the demo version. Only problem i am having is with injury's but im not botherd as its only demo.

I will be purchasing the full game version then downloading the patch.

Why are everyone saying it is bad? On these forums it's pathetic saying the game is not good.

The 3d match system, is FANTASTIC.

Its seems a good game on the demo version. Only problem i am having is with injury's but im not botherd as its only demo.

I will be purchasing the full game version then downloading the patch.

Why are everyone saying it is bad? On these forums it's pathetic saying the game is not good.

The 3d match system, is FANTASTIC.

Most the people who complain can not get the game running due to there system so... what can you say

The game itself is good, obviously it can still be improved but then there's always next year. However the whole registration system, updates, etc have been a complete shambles. Considering every year SI release patches and never have major problems why did they decide to change the system this year? It beggars belief.

I am getting kinda tired of people of complaining, someone posted a great thread saying that SI can't make the "perfect" game because everyone wants different things in their game. I would like to thank SI and everyone there for putting the game together because the demo was really nice in my opinion even though it had some bugs, which SI have been working on to fix. I can't wait till I get my WSM game downloaded on Monday and I will most likely not leave my house for the rest of next week, seriously.

I am getting kinda tired of people of complaining, someone posted a great thread saying that SI can't make the "perfect" game because everyone wants different things in their game. I would like to thank SI and everyone there for putting the game together because the demo was really nice in my opinion even though it had some bugs, which SI have been working on to fix. I can't wait till I get my WSM game downloaded on Monday and I will most likely not leave my house for the rest of next week, seriously.

gotta understand one thing though -those who complained are all diehard FM fans who have waited a long time for the release. then go home with this beloved new FM09 on their hands suddenly found themselves clueless how to activate the game. myself for example, I spent 10 hours just tired to get it activitated. at times it felt so hopeless after trying everything i could still failed. eventually somehow i found a way around. but that kind of frustration u'd have to experience urself to understand.

anyway my joy has cut short now i found out that the Editor can't load. i don't know how long it takes for me to solve it out with this new problem..

The game is great, the only thing is the scout problem as I sacked my 2 scouts and replaced them but when I loaned out my player it asked me if I wanted to get the scout I just sacked to compile match reports for the players I loaned out.:confused:

once you get it up and running i think there is an improvement on previous versions of fm. the problem is in getting it actually running. the code on the back of the booklet has got printing problems which means you end up having to put in numerous variations of the code until you stumble upon the correct one. then once the game is up and running it crashes at various points for no apparant reason. i'd say buy it but be prepared for a few hours messing about before it works. i think a company as big as si which supposedly has a scouting network of 10,000 people should be better prepared for a game launch. i've never brought a game and had as many problems as i've had with this one

It's a brilliant game. It got my attention far quicker than the others and that's quite impresive as it normally takes a while for me to get into it. This one took no time. Obviously I had some issues with the patch update, but living in shared accomodation meant it gave me time to get the washing up done (so my housemates didnt call me a lazy slob!). No real issues with activation, only the contrast between Os and 0s.

Most the people who complain can not get the game running due to there system so... what can you say

no.

most people can't get it working because they added some ridiculous, pointless and totally WORTHLESS activation software, which isn't even needed

it's already a Steam game, so naturally any human being with an IQ of more than 4, would say "ok lets use Steam key activation"

afterall, steam actually works.

As far as i can see, there is alot of injury's in every match but suppose it's only a demo so the full game will be better.

With the comments people have been making about FM 09, its kind of putting me off getting the full game.

Is it really that bad?

As soon as you get passed the messed up copy protection and can acctually launch the game it is great. Until then it can be one of the most frusterating games in history.

The guy making the rookie mistake of adding o's and i's in serials with both numbers and letters should have to write "there should never be o's or i's in serials" 5000000000 times on a blackboard. And thats just one of the issues.

I would like to thank SI and everyone there for putting the game together because the demo was really nice in my opinion even though it had some bugs, which SI have been working on to fix.
That's part of the problem this time around. This year Beta testing was done "in house" for some exclusive group of gamers. Now, how in the h&%¤ they missed all of the "little" things wrong with the game is beyond me. Who on earth beta-tested the game this year and didn't notice the amount of injuries, the keyboard bug, the lagging on the 3D, etc? Either the Beta-testers didn't really TEST the game, or they played a different version from what was presented in the demo. I believe it must be the former, unless there was no Beta-testing at all, and the demo was supposed to be it and they just didn't tell us.

my problem is i feel like i've been mugged, some flashy new graphics don't hide a mince ge that's not made any big strides for years. it's always just a few pointless enhancements and no real progress with the ge. i've been playing this series for such a long time that i think it comes down to turning a blind eye to things and putting up with all the flaws, but i've had enough. time to give champ manager a chance.

Player condition drops too fast and doesn't recover properly =\

Yeah, needs to be tweaked a bit. FM08, 13 stamina for a winger was bad, and he's be around 70% at the end of the game. Didn't mind that.

Now though even at 15 stamina wingers are at 70% at 60 minutes into the game.

Or midfield in general. Cut down on closing down and forward runs.. but seriously..

theiy're midfielders!

Don't know how lower league clubs manage :p

Except for that though, great game! I just make sure my midfield signings has plenty of stamina from now on lol

The problem with 0's and O's is pretty minor in my opinion. the 'O' is the letter and is fatter and rounder. the '0' (zero) is thinner...

exactly like it is on everyones keyboard

Yeah, but that's the point. Both of them looked the same on the key code package. Nobody knew which was which. A bit of trial and error and most of us got there, only after I read about the issue on a forum thread some hours later though.

Is it really that bad

Hi I'm playing the full version patched to 9.1 and I say its the best footie game yet.

People who are complaining about the game are being much too extreme to be taken seriously. There are some posts where some players talk about what they like and dislike about the game. If you want ideas you can have a look at some of those.

the game is very good, tactics are a bit difficult, but once you get your head around them, it is actually quite a clever system.

squad rotation and not over training your players will work wonders on the main game with the patch, been playing it for 2 seasons had 1 major injury in that time, which was my left back Gareth Bale.

i think this might be the first time in a long time in a football manager game i actually go further than my normal 4 seasons, and then get bored. Last time i did that was for CM03/04 when i played 15 seasons as Spurs manager, ended up at Real Madrid, then Roma, then Barca and then finished my career at Spurs.

Archived