2d Pitch glitch

As some of you may have known of my glitches on the 2d pitch but something very odd has happened.

Kevin Thornton went in 2 footed on the Chester defender in Chester's own half and next thing you know Chester have a penalty???

What is happening?

Now, my defender took a corner in his own hald, gave it away and they nearly scored.

Then, Parkin ran to the edge of the pitch with a defender and he looked like he was stuck then a defender runs into him and it's a foul, a red card and a penalty??!!!

Now, my defender took a corner in his own hald, gave it away and they nearly scored.

Then, Parkin ran to the edge of the pitch with a defender and he looked like he was stuck then a defender runs into him and it's a foul, a red card and a penalty??!!!

when you say a defender runs into him, remember that if the little dots go into each other, it doesnt mean they are just running, they could have their leg stuck out aswel

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering the odd glitch with the 2D match view. When these strange events occur, if you can post as much detail as possible that will help me track down exactly what is causing it. In the meantime, I can only apologise and hope that it occurs only very rarely.

ive noticed on penalty shootouts the keeper stands still 90% of the time and doesnt make any attempt to save it

Because of the way the players are represented as 'discs' the keeper is diving, but the scale means his 'disc' doesn't visibly move.

Glenn, I had it again just, a free-kick came in it was headed into a path of a player and he ran into the keeper and then everybody just stood there until a player ran or challenged my player on the goal-line and then ran back and then it was a penalty :confused:

Because of the way the players are represented as 'discs' the keeper is diving, but the scale means his 'disc' doesn't visibly move.

I have seen him move when he dives! but only 3 times in 2 penalty shootouts so your talking 10+ penalties and only moved 3 times

I have seen him move when he dives! but only 3 times in 2 penalty shootouts so your talking 10+ penalties and only moved 3 times

Keepers have varying degrees of movement in the match engine - some are more exaggerated than others and so 'trigger' greater movement in the 2D viewer, which I think may be causing the lack of movement in some cases. How is the balance between penalties scored and penalties saved? If it is about right, then this is just an issue with the 2D interpreting the movement incorrectly rather than the match engine stopping any goalkeeper movements during penalties.

Keepers have varying degrees of movement in the match engine - some are more exaggerated than others and so 'trigger' greater movement in the 2D viewer, which I think may be causing the lack of movement in some cases. How is the balance between penalties scored and penalties saved? If it is about right, then this is just an issue with the 2D interpreting the movement incorrectly rather than the match engine stopping any goalkeeper movements during penalties.

ive seen them save 1 and ive seen 2 blazed over the bar the rest were scored

My keeper passed to my defender, who lost it and the opponent's Winger was through on goal 1on1, then he passes back to the midfield player, who was 35-40 yards away from goal, shoots, score. 1 word, stunned. And non of my defenders were closing the winger/midfield player down!

I've experienced a couple of glitches.

Often for me when the opponents have the ball, I only have one player back defending, sometimes its my striker! Usually I end up in about a 3 on 1 situation in my own half, I'd never only leave 1 player back!

Also for 1 penalty the opposition goalkeeper, Chris Kirkland, was sent off and instead of going off, he just stood on the edge of the box and watched my player hit it into an open goal. The commentary said ' buannotte sends the keeper the wrong way, how cocky can you get? '.

This way Kirkland got sent off was also very unusual. I had a corner, Valero hit it back to Aissati who was in my own box, he then went forward about 20 yards, and Kirkland got sent off.

ive just had a problem

Morgan one of my defenders has the ball in my penalty area and jut stands there and then Noel Hunt comes from nowhere takes the ball of him and scores meanwhile the gaolkeeper (kenny) is stood at one side of the net and doest even move . now morgan was stood with the ball for about 5 seconds not doing anything!

any ideas Si?

I've just had a funny one,

Playing Man Utd in the LC final, Giovinco on the edge of the box, in amongst a large group of mine and United's players, get's brought down in the box???

Strange, seen as how he's outside the box, anyway it's a penalty, and a red card for.......Van der Sar???

He was stood in goal about 20 yards from the incident! :D

It was already 2-0 and Ade duly stepped up and slotted the pen home, i won 4-0 but it was just crazy how he got sent off!

Funny though :D

right got mine, playing CFR Cluj in CL Kone there player goes past defenders then walks past Enyeama who just stands still kone then gets to the line and stops, Ferdinand then comes and tackles him and gets sent off so the ref gives a ...........free kick!

I'm sorry to hear that people are suffering from the occassional 'stray' 2D highlight - if it is any help, the underlying match engine is still producing the same realistic results - it is simply the case that the 2D is 'interpreting' some events in a rather bizarre manner. This is something I'll be looking into and making sure we improve in the future.

just want to add that were not moaning or having a go at SI were just trying to help iron out a few bugs etc. I for one dont want to sound ungrateful i would not have known anything about it until i had read this!

Keep up the good work SI!

edit, Wahey ive nearly got as many posts as Glenn! get me

same match new problem, GK takes goal kick it goes straight to opponents FD with no sight of any defenders around but 2 FWDs they then run towards goal and the gK just stands where he has taken the kick from and watches them hit the winning goal into an empty net

Anyone had this with Harry Worley of Leicester or anyone else?..

I played Leicester twice in two weeks (cup and league cup) and in both games Worley scored exactly same O.G, however thats not the weird part.

Brian Howard flung in a corner for me (Barnsley), Harry Worley cleared the ball up field and it goes straight past Muller the Barnsley keeper and into the net. On both occasions i get awarded the goal and its down at Worley's OG.

ok now i've had a kind of problem a few times. it may not seem as big as some others said here, but...

sometimes when a player takes a shot from far out, the keeper saves it. sound. but the thing is, sometimes it hits off the keeper and goes well outside the box or even sometimes to near the half way line!

- when a shot is taken, the keeper should catch it, or if it does hit off him, it should just bounce a little bit away from him. not 30 yards away!

sometimes when a player takes a shot from far out, the keeper saves it. sound. but the thing is, sometimes it hits off the keeper and goes well outside the box or even sometimes to near the half way line!

- when a shot is taken, the keeper should catch it, or if it does hit off him, it should just bounce a little bit away from him. not 30 yards away!

Yes but bear in mind the keeper might be kicking it away not saving it.

He might have scuffed the shot and dragged it along the floor or it might have deflected off the defender and he wanted to make sure it wasn't a back pass.

the distances on the 2D pitch are not realistic as some headers i get are from crosses from 3-4 meters away and they try to hit the goal from the edge of the penalty area...

Now this really is taking the biscuit now, I was Bolton playing against Stoke.

Stoke score against me in the 1st half in the top goal then in the 2nd half Saviet(stoke player) brings down my player in the box great i thought chance to equalise so guess who steps up to take the penalty(in the top goal!) Abdoulaye Faye yes thats right a Stoke player and guess who he was facing Jaaskelainan! anyway he missed said the text but the ball hadnt moved but then Faye dribbles the ball to the goal but again it says Jaaskelainen saves but it gets better the ball is then cleared down to the bottom goal and guess whos standing there to pick the ball up? yip Jaaskelainen!

What goes on there then?

Now this really is taking the biscuit now, I was Bolton playing against Stoke.

Stoke score against me in the 1st half in the top goal then in the 2nd half Saviet(stoke player) brings down my player in the box great i thought chance to equalise so guess who steps up to take the penalty(in the top goal!) Abdoulaye Faye yes thats right a Stoke player and guess who he was facing Jaaskelainan! anyway he missed said the text but the ball hadnt moved but then Faye dribbles the ball to the goal but again it says Jaaskelainen saves but it gets better the ball is then cleared down to the bottom goal and guess whos standing there to pick the ball up? yip Jaaskelainen!

What goes on there then?

So it's also the text that is going wrong?

Well, looks like there's some pretty serious smoothing out that needs to be done in FMH10, but personally (and coming from someone not afraid to speak my opinion about FM games) I think the 2D match engine is great. The only annoying bug I find is where everyone seems to stop, with just the ball rolling, for no apparent reason, then a few seconds later the highlight finishes and a goal might have occurred as it shows on the overview screen. This happens most often with penalties, and interestingly I often see the ball's shadow flying off towards the corner flag or something, but the ball just stays spinning on the penalty spot. Little annoying at times, but certainly nothing major.

Also can someone from SI confirm whether or not this year's version has the capacity to be patched? I assume it's still a no but would like to know for sure, thanks

I thought the old CM game was patchable... Might be wrong. And I have also noticed that weird backpass problem. I think it's obvious what's going on, it's just a poor visual representation of what the match engine thinks is going on. Despite the 2D visuals not showing it properly, the receiving player is closer to goal and in a better position than the passer. That's why they seem to score these ridiculous long shots; really the match engine just sees it as a simple finish from a good position. I think that's why often if my MC is unmarked in the box, he'll still pass to the ST even if he's being tightly marked outside the box in a horrible position, because to FMH that striker is in a more forward position than the MC

• SI Staff

We're looking into all reported problems with the 2d display and will obviously be looking to rectify any problems it has (the more info we can obtain on these the better obviously).

As far as I can tell (from initial thoughts) the glitches appear to be display representation problems rather than anything else - so basically trust what the text commentary tells you.

(as far as I'm aware we're unable to patch a PSP game and I apologise if the glitches affect anyones enjoyment of the game)

• SI Staff
I had it where i had a corner and one of there defenders cleared it with a header and the ball goes all the way to the other end and hits my crossbar!!! what a clearence

I think whats happening for some of them is that the mappings from match engine to visual display are getting messed up a little, I can't say details because its not my module and we haven't finished looking into things yet.

But for the isntance you describe (and most of the others) I'd expect the ball was meant to be a poor clearance which hit their bar or something along those lines.

That would imply that for some reason the visual mapping of the position for the ball to end up with was set to the wrong goal end.

(but as I said this is conjecture presently, but seems most likely)

Archived