Patch for demo

Okay, thanks. Has anyone given an approximate timeframe for this happening?

Miles stated in another thread that the demo-patch will be out sometime next week. (I.e. the week that's just beginning.) Since I'm sure SI must be pretty busy these days and that patch is not a huge priority, I guess it's pointless to ask for a more definite timeline than that.

I think most people would have a problem with what you just said there. Actual customers should be much more important than potential customers, existing customers are already expressing an interest, and maintaining profits mean keeping existing customers happy. The demo is obviously going to be low priority at the moment, they have an important Mac patch to get sorted first.

The demo patch should have been sorted first, before the release of the game, and before there were going to be a lot more pressing issues. They knew a lot of people were having problems running it when it first came out. This was two weeks before the release of the full game.

When you bring out a demo, one of your main aims is to turn potential customers into actual customers through giving them a trial use of your product.

I agree the demo is low priority for them at the moment, which is why the issues with it should have been sorted FIRST, at the time, before the release of the full game.

Guest TomasAlex

I agree that this is important. I couldn't play the original demo because of the injury bug and unless I can test the patch I'm not willing to buy the full game.

The point is I don't want to spend £30 on a game when I don't know if it'll work or not.

Post your specs and we should be able to tell you if the game will run or not. Bugs aside if you can play the demo even in its current state then you should be able to play the game.

I couldn't play the original demo because of the injury bug and unless I can test the patch I'm not willing to buy the full game.

Apart from injuries did the game work? There are still quite a few injuries in the game even with the patch. I believe its all down to how you do the training side of the game so look in the approporiate forum for more information on training. wwfan has made quite a few helpful posts regarding tactics and training in fm2009 so perhaps you can also search for posts by him.

Archived