"Choose decativation setting" - what does this mean?

It's a way of managing your installs. You get 5 so I would suggest yes

Can I suggest that if I buy FM2009 then I might wish to have a few years playing it. I may not buy every years version - I pick and choose which versions to buy, and stick with it for a few years - a pretty reasonable decision.

In those few years of game ownership, I may come across situations where I may need to uninstall FM2009. For example, my PC is pretty small in hard drive size, and if I'm doing a project that requires Adobe Photoshop, I may delete FM to free up some space, install Photoshop, and a few months later, uninstall Photostop and reinstall FM.

The demands I place in my PC change monthly, and my need/time to play FM reduces and increases over the course of a year.

Limiting the number of times I can install a game that I purchased strikes me as a ridiculous idea. What happens if I uninstall 5 times? Do I need to purchase a new activation code or will you give me a free one?

At my most cynical, I may suggest that this is a way of Sports Interactive politely suggesting that once I've used my 5 installs, I buy the next version of the game.

Disaster time.

For my life story read this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2044842#post2044842

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62538

Having uninstalled for a second time (previously uninstalled via Steam) - the cd no longer runs automatically or by forcing it to.

I'm now stuck without the comfort of even installing the game and watching it crash :)

Dear God, what a weekend of woe.....

Amazing.

I've only gone and fixed all the troubles I've had.

By uninstalling Steam and FM and reinstalling the game using the other method, patching up, suddenly all the missing shirts are back and the game no longer crashes in 3D to 2D. Amazing. Looks like I aint gonna be sleeping tonight!!

GLORY!!

Archived