Vote your opinion about your first impression?

What has been your first impression of FM09?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What has been your first impression of FM09?

• Great game, working fine!
    • Not working totally yet, but when it'll work it's going to be the best FM!
    • Not liking, even though the game is working!
    • I don't llike it, the game won't even work!

Absolutely fine. I have the boxed version. I authenticated through unilok without any problems (Luckily my code didn't have any 0 o i or 1 in it). I installed the patch without any problems. I am about to 'fix' the German international team issue and then I'll be all set for a night of FM.

Once I remembered that Steam is an infuriating joke, I used the alternate authentication, and even though my code had 0/O and 1/I in it, I think I managed to notice the difference almost instantly, and had no problems there. Patch installed fine too; No problems finding files.

Once installed, no problems at all. No major bugs noted. No issues with my cr*p PC playing up. Nothing to stop me enjoying the game. The best in terms of enjoyability since 03/04, on first impressions.

EDIT: Actually, I lie. I still suck at tactics, make unrealistically high numbers of transfers; and the curse of FM struck again today. Arsenal, Watford, QPR and Barnet all lost; 3 at home. :(

I've had no real problems with the game, bought it Friday morning (for £30 :() and installed it no problems - my authentication code had no 1's or 0's in it :D.

Only issues I have though is that making a sub mid game takes about 30 seconds when clicking in game tactics (setting up match?) - thats annoying.

Plus all my regen pictures seem to be screwed up and look like they have super powers :D

The 3D works, but is very jumpy to begin with (commentry gets to about 7-10 mins before the 3D actions kicks in, and the players actually move from the centre circle :rolleyes:).

Not an issue though cause I only play with commentry only, and the replay / incedents are OK.

My only other gripe is that my Birmingham team is very very inconsistant, but I think that has something to do with my tactics..

Archived