Is Sebastien Frey an idiot?

I am still waiting for my game to be posted to me from England, but on playing the demo I checked out the biggest mystery in football: Sebastien Frey.

Yet again he is rated very highly on FM. I have not seen him play many times, but if he is rated so highly why is he not the French no. 1? In fact, why does he only have 2 caps, and is rarely called up to the France squad, even as 3rd keeper?! Have the FM scouts got it wrong, or is he just not a popular person? Certainly the French keepers ahead of him are not much better than him to never get called up! I mean he is playing Champions League football in one of the top leagues in Europe!

Is it because he is an idiot? I checked his profile, and apparently he has not gained Italian citizenship because he 'cannot speak basic Italian', despite having played in Italy for over 10 years! This must surely be a bug, as I doubt you can live in a country that long and not even speak the language basically!

Is this still present in the full game? And does anyone know why he is not French no.1?!

Archived