How are people doing with under powered GFX cards?

Being the holder of an ATI Radeon 9200 ive been doing a lot of research into whether its worth playing FM 2009, ive downloaded the vanilla demo, which i first got the fm.exe failed to initialize, running the frameworks in the program files of the demo seemed to fix that, then i got the "fm has encountered a problem and needs to close" message, when researching this ive found the common answer is simply your graphics card isnt good enough, although i did also hear rumours that if your card isnt up to snuff, you could still run the game with only the 2D match engine.

Can anyone give me any insight? Is there any ATI 9200 card holders on the forums who have a working version? I have an unopened copy of the game sat right next to me, which will be taken back if its unplayable on my machine obviously. I only use my PC for FM really, for everything else i have an XBox 360 and id rather suck a salty condom than play FM on that restrictive piece of hardware, as i like my badges, pictures and such.

Any replies gladly appreciated

Archived